Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant film/fog on outside windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my MXP now for a few months. I live in SC and park outside. Every morning or when it rains I get this film like foggy on the outside windshield that wont go away with the defroster or wipers. I even tried this morning to wipe it really good with a rage and still come back. Its beyond dangerous to drive since my visibility is so bad I can barely see the road or curbs at times especially in the dark. Is anyone else having this issue and if so is there a fix for it?

Attachments

• 83CE2320-A240-4A1D-8A1C-ACE1C8DBAD58.jpeg
    83CE2320-A240-4A1D-8A1C-ACE1C8DBAD58.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 3B0F6CA2-708E-4D7B-9C84-4E39EEE03FFE.jpeg
    3B0F6CA2-708E-4D7B-9C84-4E39EEE03FFE.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 1CD77A56-8EC3-4E92-B85A-E7E0DCAA3270.jpeg
    1CD77A56-8EC3-4E92-B85A-E7E0DCAA3270.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 9AE3F51E-AA96-4F15-A90A-57CDEF555EF8.jpeg
    9AE3F51E-AA96-4F15-A90A-57CDEF555EF8.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 70
I had this as well on a recently delivered MXP. Nothing would remove it. When I had the car ceramic coated, the guys used a non-orbital polisher to polish out the windshield first. This worked great, perfect clarity. I ended up buying a non-orbital at Harbor Freight and polished the windows on the FWD's, which also had it. I used a simple polishing compound from Meguires. Including setup/cleanup I think the FWD's took only about 1/2 hour. Any polishing compound designed for automotive paint will work. Even the cheap turtle wax sold at literally every auto parts store.

I had this as well on a recently delivered MXP. Nothing would remove it. When I had the car ceramic coated, the guys used a non-orbital polisher to polish out the windshield first. This worked great, perfect clarity. I ended up buying a non-orbital at Harbor Freight and polished the windows on the FWD's, which also had it. I used a simple polishing compound from Meguires. Including setup/cleanup I think the FWD's took only about 1/2 hour. Any polishing compound designed for automotive paint will work. Even the cheap turtle wax sold at literally every auto parts store.
Thanks for the response. I’m going to try that myself.

I also have the interior haze on my MX. I've tried a couple of ways to remove it and found that using Griot's Glass Polish worked best. Using the Speed Shine and Clay helped, but, the best result was with the polish. The downside of using the polish is you need to put something down over the top of the dash to catch the dried polish when you buff it. The biggest issue I have is that you need to be a contortionist to get the entire windshield!

I also have the interior haze on my MX. I've tried a couple of ways to remove it and found that using Griot's Glass Polish worked best. Using the Speed Shine and Clay helped, but, the best result was with the polish. The downside of using the polish is you need to put something down over the top of the dash to catch the dried polish when you buff it. The biggest issue I have is that you need to be a contortionist to get the entire windshield!

Cleaning the inside of the windshield is a young man's game... I HATE doing it... my body does not like it.

• Funny
Reactions: 1pinhigh