TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Constant seat belt ding ding ding ding...

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by RTPGiants, Jun 7, 2018.

1. RTPGiants

RTPGiants Member

I got in my car this morning, fastened the seatbelt and started messing with the audio options. While trying to pick my phone, the screen sort of quick rebooted itself (not whole car reboot). During this whole time the seatbelt ding kept going despite being fastened. I got out of the car, locked it and the seatbelt ding continued (you could hear it outside the car). I got back in, and rebooted it and the ding finally stopped.

Curious if anyone else has seen similar.

• Informative x 1
  2. trace

trace Member

Silly question but did you have any weight on any other seats (eg: boxes)?

• Like x 1
  3. RTPGiants

RTPGiants Member

Not a silly question at all. No weight on anything else, nor did any of the seat belt indicators show up on the display.

Also to be clear, the ding continued even after the car was locked (mirrors folded in) and I was outside the car.

4. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

Weird bug. Could be something with the weight sensor.

5. animorph

animorph Active Member

More likely the MCU crashed while dinging and self-recovered but forgot to reset the ding. An actual manual reset cleared the problem.