Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Put on the OEM 20s back on my X now that winter is gone. Have noticed since a constant vibration in the steering wheel, more noticeable at higher speed. Didn’t remember that vibration on my winter OEM 18s or the 20s last summer for that matter. I torqued to 129 and the wheels were not new and obviously balanced already. Now, I torqued the wheels twice for safety. Could that be the issue? Or, they replaced the half shafts while my 18s were on. Could they have somehow adjusted the car to those? Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey all. Put on the OEM 20s back on my X now that winter is gone. Have noticed since a constant vibration in the steering wheel, more noticeable at higher speed. Didn’t remember that vibration on my winter OEM 18s or the 20s last summer for that matter. I torqued to 129 and the wheels were not new and obviously balanced already. Now, I torqued the wheels twice for safety. Could that be the issue? Or, they replaced the half shafts while my 18s were on. Could they have somehow adjusted the car to those? Any ideas? Thanks.

Anyone?

You have a wheel out of balance. Could be possible a wheel weight got knocked off when putting the 20's back on. I just had the same thing happen to me on the 22's. Had all 4 tires balanced and the drive is as smooth as ever and any speed.

That’s what I believed. However, I do not see any weight missing upon visual inspection. The right psi for the 20s is indeed 42? That’s what the sticker says, but I’ve read other people in Slate at a higher number. I was wondering if perhaps it’s because they’re too low and I’m feeling the road more? It’s not like it’s a heavy vibration or shaking. It’s more like slight vibration.

That’s what I believed. However, I do not see any weight missing upon visual inspection. The right psi for the 20s is indeed 42? That’s what the sticker says, but I’ve read other people in Slate at a higher number. I was wondering if perhaps it’s because they’re too low and I’m feeling the road more? It’s not like it’s a heavy vibration or shaking. It’s more like slight vibration.
I’m feeling same issues you describe but the steering wheel vibration is very noticeable. Not sure if this is normal or not on X? What has SC done for you?