Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Construction at Wawa in Gap, PA-Supercharger???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped at the Wawa in Gap, PA late Friday night and there is some construction started at the Southeast side of the parking lot. I asked the clerk what is was and she had no idea. They had footers dug and concrete poured, which looks like it could be a pad for possible electrical equipment. I saw no signs of anything Tesla.

Hopefully, someone who lives near there could check it out next week or speak to a manager. It may just be wishful thinking, or possibly the site of a new supercharger. Sorry I didn't get pictures, but it was 1am and I was tired.

Looking at the map on supercharge.info, although Lancaster and Reading might be better strategically, if this is a new supercharger it would indeed nicely fill a ...uh, Gap... in the network.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
upload_2019-5-18_23-34-45.png

Looking at Salisbury Township (the local jurisdiction) zoning records, there isn't anything for Tesla. And there should be if this was a supercharger build. There is something from March 2018 and June 2018 [PDF warning for both links] for a project at the Wawa which would include building a small shed and dumpster pad at the back of the property, taking up a few parking spaces. So, my guess is that is what you saw being built.

Looking at Salisbury Township (the local jurisdiction) zoning records, there isn't anything for Tesla. And there should be if this was a supercharger build. There is something from March 2018 and June 2018 [PDF warning for both links] for a project at the Wawa which would include building a small shed and dumpster pad at the back of the property, taking up a few parking spaces. So, my guess is that is what you saw being built.

Unfortunately, that would be my guess too! Too bad