TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Construction Started at Newport Pagnell

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by WannabeOwner, Feb 28, 2017.

1. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

At Service on M1 North (but map looks like the services are connected to local roads, so could maybe also use it Southbound). There is already a Supercharger just up the road at Northampton, but according to Supercharger Info the new one will be 12 stalls - so plenty of capacity.

2. arg

arg Supporting Member

That's bizarre - the announcement on the Welcome Break site originally said "Newport Pagnell (North and South)", then got corrected to "Newport Pagnell (south)", yet you now say the construction has actually started northbound!

3. WannabeOwner

I'm guessing Northbound based on zooming-in on the map co-ordinates (from Supercharger Info). Looking at Sat photo it appears to be the site of secondary Lorry / RV parking, so might well be relatively unused at present, but I'm guessing as it's not a site I'm familiar with.

supercharge.info

Looks to be a barrier on the local-road access too ... thought it unlikely that that would be possible ... so no access North-to-South

4. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

As someone whose only exposure to Newport Pagnell has been through its mention in a Morrissey lyric, I'm amused by the confusion between whether it's accessible North or South. "I traveled North, I traveled South, I traveled North again, I traveled South again, I got confused, I killed a horse..." And now the song is stuck in my head.

• Like x 1
  5. doublebo7

doublebo7 Member

Couldn't see anywhere ng northbound but southbound has 12 bays, looks like they're nearly done

6. arg

arg Supporting Member

And it's now appeared in the nav display in the car, with a message telling you to use the service road if you need to access it from Northbound.

7. SplendidOne

SplendidOne New Member

Brand new X owner, charged at southbound Newport Pagnel, didn't realise it was accessible Northbound, is it?

8. WannabeOwner

Its on the Tesla website too (as is Woodall Southbound) and on Supercharger Info - I missed the announcement there.

Tesla website shows 12 stalls

9. Tomnook

Tomnook Member

Used Woodhall Southbound a few days ago very impressive 372mph charging and 8 stalls. Slightly tricky to find - use on screen navigation and the entrance is on the rhs immediately after the fuel station and 50yds before rejoining the M1.

10. culverwood

culverwood Member

Used it yesterday Southbound just to the left as you come off the motorway. The entry for the Northbound driver who has crossed the motorway is next to the site and just requires a right turn - it would seem against the one way traffic, so be careful.