Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Consumer AV - Status Tracking Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats not the problem - the problem is they claim the driver doesn't need to pay attention. Someone can easily get killed because of that statement ...

Personally I'd not trust a "level 3" system to actually be safer than a "level 2" system, unless they can actually statistically prove their claim. Esp., if the number of cars sold is small, OEM can get away with taking on the liability risk.
Yeah, I'm not going to be the the first one to risk my life using an L3 system. I'll wait for one that's selling in the 10's of thousands!

Comma.ai sells an add-on lane keeping (soon to be on-ramp to off-ramp) for highways called the Comma. It is compatible with many makes and models of cars (but not all) and interfaces via the cars OBD port and mounts on the windshield in a similar location to a dash cam..

It would be good to include it-

Driver monitoring via hands-on and camera : How hands on ? The camera detects whether the hands are on the wheel or some kind of torque is required ?
ODD - all roads even laneless : Highways and laneless ? Can they be used in unmarked city roads ?
Point to point : No. This would mean actually following the route and doing all the city driving like FSD Beta. Clearly Comma doesn't do that.
GEO USA and I believe entire World : I don't think they sell outside US.

It is probably the only after-market system that allows this. I'll include it.

How do they plan to change lanes with a single camera ? Are they planning to add multiple cameras ?
They are transitioning between models now. They sell the older Comma-2 and the newer Comma-3. The Comma-2 has one camera, while the newer one has 3.

Both can do lane changes but currently the driver must confirm the safety and initiate the lane change by the turning stalk.

Driver monitoring via hands-on and camera : How hands on ? The camera detects whether the hands are on the wheel or some kind of torque is required ?
ODD - all roads even laneless : Highways and laneless ? Can they be used in unmarked city roads ?
Point to point : No. This would mean actually following the route and doing all the city driving like FSD Beta. Clearly Comma doesn't do that.
GEO USA and I believe entire World : I don't think they sell outside US.
Yes, torque is sensed.

the newer comma-3 model has gps guidance and a map and they are planning to add route following on highways via a software update this year. They are also working on stop sign and stop light detection similar to FSD. (Not beta) stop light detection..

it can work without lanes if necessary, by sensing road edges and can work on unmarked roads.

it appears they ship worldwide. The way they get around legal issues is they are really just shipping you a device that is configured as a dash cam onlyl you must as the end user type in the software url to load the openpilot software on it and then it is automated and configures itself as a ADAS.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200 and EVNow
Yeah beta testing begins 2H 2022..and why update xpeng and not zeekr?
For Zeekr I’m looking for the source. The only ones I found said 2024, L4.

Where did you see (Supervision /CoPilot) will have door-to-door capability this year ? The video only says "eventually". That doesn't sound like this year.​

Searching for Zeekr and Supervison, all I see are statements like this ... While Zeekr 001 launched, there is no word about door-to-door capability launching anytime soon.​

As part of the long-term agreement, Mobileye will work with Zeekr to create advanced ADAS systems with increasingly sophisticated capabilities for a variety of Zeekr models. The collaboration will begin with the launch of Zeekr vehicles in the fourth quarter of 2021 featuring Mobileye SuperVision, a full-stack ADAS solution powered by two EyeQ5 system-on-chip (SoC) devices processing data from 11 cameras.​

I’ll be adding reference links to all the OEMs in OP.

Last edited:
For Zeekr I’m looking for the source. The only ones I found said 2024, L4.

Where did you see (Supervision /CoPilot) will have door-to-door capability this year ? The video only says "eventually". That doesn't sound like this year.​

Searching for Zeekr and Supervison, all I see are statements like this ... While Zeekr 001 launched, there is no word about door-to-door capability launching anytime soon.​

As part of the long-term agreement, Mobileye will work with Zeekr to create advanced ADAS systems with increasingly sophisticated capabilities for a variety of Zeekr models. The collaboration will begin with the launch of Zeekr vehicles in the fourth quarter of 2021 featuring Mobileye SuperVision, a full-stack ADAS solution powered by two EyeQ5 system-on-chip (SoC) devices processing data from 11 cameras.​

I’ll be adding reference links to all the OEMs in OP.

I gave you all the information already. Supervision is L2 camera only.
Mobileye Drive on the other hand is for a future 2024 Zeekr car and it is L4 with camera, lidar and radar.

I don't understand how you are conflating the two.
This video below tells you what supervision can do.

This video today tells you when Supervision door to door will be available
"In 2022, we will be the first in the industry to launch the urban autonomous driving function, so that autonomous driving can be started from your doorstep."
"NZP City Autonomous Pilot: It can identify traffic light information and realize automatic assisted driving in an urban open road environment."
1hr 19m

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Heads up @ some details about Lucid's DreamDrive Pro

More information here.

Basically Lucid is charging $9k for "Dream Drive Pro" without saying what will be delivered or when.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
More information here.

Basically Lucid is charging $9k for "Dream Drive Pro" without saying what will be delivered or when.

The functionality is dependent upon extensive software validation and regulatory approval, which may vary widely by jurisdiction. It is not possible to know exactly when each element of functionality will be available, as this is high dependent on local regulatory approval.

The functionality is dependent upon extensive software validation and regulatory approval, which may vary widely by jurisdiction. It is not possible to know exactly when each element of functionality will be available, as this is high dependent on local regulatory approval.
But they are not even saying this - more importantly not even what they are planning to deliver.

So, anyone who pays will have absolutely no reason to complain about anything, anytime.

But they are not even saying this - more importantly not even what they are planning to deliver.

So, anyone who pays will have absolutely no reason to complain about anything, anytime.
This is why Lucid is going to be the Tesla killer. Hopefully Tesla will respond by selling FSD Pro. :p

I do wonder what Tesla will do if they ever make a new hardware suite with new cameras. At some point they have to end support for old models.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
I do wonder what Tesla will do if they ever make a new hardware suite with new cameras. At some point they have to end support for old models.
Once the FSD Beta goes wide, Tesla will declare it has fulfilled its obligations and recognize all the revenue. After that they won’t need to update for free. There might be upgrades available for a fee.

That still leaves older FSD promised vehicles hanging, because of promised unsupervised driving. But those would be in vanishingly small numbers that Tesla can possibly do something about (like give back some money or give credit towards new purchase).

All this assuming Tesla can’t achieve unsupervised FSD anytime soon with current hardware - for which they are ready to assume liability, which is I think a reasonable assumption.

Reactions: Sporty
Once the FSD Beta goes wide, Tesla will declare it has fulfilled its obligations and recognize all the revenue. After that they won’t need to update for free. There might be upgrades available for a fee.

That still leaves older FSD promised vehicles hanging, because of promised unsupervised driving. But those would be in vanishingly small numbers that Tesla can possibly do something about (like give back some money or give credit towards new purchase).

All this assuming Tesla can’t achieve unsupervised FSD anytime soon with current hardware - for which they are ready to assume liability, which is I think a reasonable assumption.
I agree but what will the next version of FSD be called? FSD Pro? True Self Driving? Or if Elon wants to continue the Spaceballs theme, FSD 2: The Search For More Money.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life