Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumer Reports gives perfect score to Model S P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's just because this is so subjective. The gave the P85 a 99/100 score, so if the P85D is better, the only rating they can give would be 100 or better. It's like the dunk contest or the Olympics, once you give somebody a "10" and there is a better performance, there really isn't a score that can go above it.

Maybe it's just because this is so subjective. The gave the P85 a 99/100 score, so if the P85D is better, the only rating they can give would be 100 or better. It's like the dunk contest or the Olympics, once you give somebody a "10" and there is a better performance, there really isn't a score that can go above it.

I suppose, but if true, then CR's rating system is fundamentally flawed. I would have to think that most consumer products, from toasters to cars, get incrementally better over time. If so, every toaster that they rate today should be 100% or better since surely they have improved over models from the 1950s.

I suppose, but if true, then CR's rating system is fundamentally flawed. I would have to think that most consumer products, from toasters to cars, get incrementally better over time. If so, every toaster that they rate today should be 100% or better since surely they have improved over models from the 1950s.

I think they rate products relative to other products of that time. So while today's toaster is much better than one that's 50 years old, it's only compared to other toasters available today. At least that's how I think they should rate products.