TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Consumer Reports Review

Discussion in 'Video' started by hershey101, May 9, 2013.

1. hershey101

hershey101 Member

#1 hershey101, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. wts13

wts13 Member

Already a couple threads on it :)

That video is just amazing. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Print review was a little whiney, but the video was just gushing.

3. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Wow. For an organization like CR that takes no ad money and has no sponsors to go and make a video dedicated to the Model S is a pretty remarkable thing (assuming this is still the case, of course). The car must have impressed the hell out of them.

As they said in the video, it's not ideas themselves but their implementation that matters. Having a car that turns itself on and locks itself is great, as long as it works and works consistently. On the whole, Tesla has been pretty good in this regard. I have heard of some QC issues though (the issues/problems thread is 1600+ posts long). Hopefully, this will not get worse as Tesla expands and starts trying to cut costs as all businesses eventually do.

Queue accusations of CR being on Tesla's payroll in 3....2....1.....

4. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

CR are "the untouchables" of consumer reviewing. Accusations won't stick to them.

5. jpwe10

jpwe10 Member

Consumer Reports full review video

CR goes in depth with the Model S and rates it at a 99 out of 100, the highest scoring luxury sedan they have reviewed. Here is the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXP4Do1xPGk

--- By the way, CR gave the Fisker Karma a deplorable score in the mid 50s, again showing the absolute superiority of the Model S.

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The one thing they missed was the total cost of ownership. They didn't talk about that at all.

7. blakegallagher

I like how they pointed out what CapitalistOppressor first presented here in the form of his blog entry that the Model S is outselling all segments it competes against :) very cool .... I dont think they would have had that knowledge if It had not been posted here first