Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumers Energy (Michigan) cellular diagnostic connector rebate offer.

Would you do it?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I have a Tesla wall charger for my Model 3 that does not qualify for a utility rebate due to the fact that the utility cannot talk to it.

Consumers sent me an alternative offer that hooks a module - FleetCarma C2 to the diagnostic connector.
Install video if interested

This would get me 200$ so i figured why not? Then i read the disclaimer they sent me and the bolded section is giving me pause. This is a cellular device/logger. I don't need the 200$ - i do like the notion of getting the captured data.

Any thoughts? Say this 3rd party company gets hacked - can damage be done?

Disclaimer
As to FleetCarma C2 Devices and participant’s use of such devices, Consumers Energy does not make any guarantee of the performance of operations of any device or equipment, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation all warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose.
Consumers Energy has no obligations regarding and does not endorse or guarantee any claims, promises, work or equipment manufactured or furnished by FleetCarma and its subsidiaries.
Participant understands and agrees that Consumers Energy shall not be liable for any damage caused by the operation or malfunction of any C2 Device installed in participant’s EV pursuant to the PowerMIDrive Program or FleetCarma SmartCharge Rewards Program.

Thanks

Todd

Looks like I'm going to be a 'Hell no' guy too. Per the 3rd parties terms.

NEITHER FLEETCARMA NOR CONSUMERS ENERGY GUARANTEE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE C2 DEVICES. NEITHER FLEETCARMA NOR CONSUMERS ENERGY MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE INCORPORATED IN THE C2 DEVICES OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE SMARTCHARGE REWARDSTM PORTAL WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER FLEETCARMA NOR CONSUMERS ENERGY NOR ANY OF THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED ENTITIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS OR ANY OF THEM (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PROGRAM OPERATORS”) WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR VEHICLES OR OTHER PROPERTY, IN CONNECTION WITH, ARISING FROM OF OR RELATED TO THE PROGRAM, THE SMARTCHARGE REWARDSTM PORTAL, OR THE INSTALLATION OR USE OF A C2 DEVICE IN YOUR VEHICLE, OR THE INTERRUPTION OF POWER TO ANY EQUIPMENT TO WHICH YOUR VEHICLE IS CONNECTED, EVEN IF A PROGRAM OPERATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION AND WAIVER WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT FLEETCARMA AND CONSUMERS ENERGY SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY A C2 DEVICE. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROGRAM OPERATORS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROBLEMS, DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY YOU, THIRD PARTIES, OR BY AN ACT OF GOD. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.