Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumption Graph Discontinuity and Range Estimate Change

electrongeek

Metrology Fanboy
Nov 1, 2019
Maine
TeslaGlitch.jpg
My M3 has 18,000 miles. Range estimate had dropped from about 312 miles to 300 miles. I charged it up to 90% and let it sit there for several days to allow the car to perform a slow pack re-balance. Then I went on a 100 mile drive, and this is what the consumption graph showed me enroute. The estimated range after this trip is now showing as 311 miles. I presume that the discontinuity in the consumption graph is somehow related to the BMS recalibrating its range estimator. I thought it was interesting enough to post.

TeslaGlitch.jpg

camalaio

May 28, 2019
Vernon, BC, Canada
I've seen this a number of times now. Notably, for certain routes, it always happens at the same spot. This spot is where the nav thinks I departed the highway for a side road, but snaps back in about 500m (this happens 100% of the time). After the snap back to the highway it has the discontinuity.

I think rerouting the navigation causes it to reset the plan from that point onward, and sometimes rerouting happens like above without you even noticing.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC