TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Contact after ordering

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by corduroy, Aug 3, 2018.

1. corduroy

corduroy Member

I placed my order a couple days ago and have not heard from a real human yet, only the automated order confirmations. Just wondering what is the usual time frame to expect before being contacted?

2. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

I ordered 58 days ago and haven’t heard from a real human yet...

• Helpful x 1
  3. stonelance

stonelance Member

New RWD orders appear to be getting their car in 2-3 weeks from ordering though, so it might be soon.

• Helpful x 1
  4. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

It seems typical that you won't hear from a real human until they are ready to schedule your delivery. At that point, and from my experience, you have a 7 day window to schedule delivery.

• Helpful x 2
  5. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

OP I also ordered on 8/01 if you did that day as well.

8/01 configured and submitted order. Pearl white, RWD EAP AERO

Paid $1500 for pearl white. Could not edit order. No trade in. Cash. “Drafting paperwork” chose Fremont DSC

I have not gotten anything yet such as an email or phone call or changes to my account.

Good luck. I’m hoping for a less than 1 month turn around considering I’m next to the factory and there’s some success stories here

6. sdrevik

sdrevik Member

I'm waiting on a rematch after they botched my delivery (wrong color), so I HOPE it's that short. 1 week after the botch, haven't heard yet.

7. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

Forgot to add.

Configured 8/01 and my delivery estimate is Oct 18th - dec 18th. I hope this isn’t the case

8. corduroy

corduroy Member

Same configuration, (except mine is black) order date, and delivery estimate for me.

9. favo

favo P3D+ owner

For me it was 46 days.

10. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

Perhaps that was an autocorrect error but I think your delivery estimate is actually October 2018 - December 2018.

11. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

No you’re right! I didn’t see the apostrophe before the 18s.

It’s oct ‘18 - dec ‘18

Hopefully it’s still just a placeholder date since I ordered in August and they make it before august

12. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

Update.

8/01 confit and order.
    8/03 got email from ISA that delivery is soon!

Checked account and VIN is not there yet

13. corduroy

corduroy Member

Wow, congrats! Guess I should have got white :)

Let us know what VIN you get.

14. robd

robd Member

I got a call in about 2 weeks from someone in Vegas. No VIN but just asking if I had questions about charging or electrical install. I’m a previous owner, no reservation. Ordered 7/16 AWD . He did not specifically give me a delivery date as there was no vin, but he thought 1-1 1/2 mos for sure before the end of the year. Taken with a grain of salt but I was surprised at getting a call.

• Like x 1
  15. Ratanpara

Ratanpara Member

I ordered on 08/02/2018, delivery window Oct'-Dec' 2018,I really hope production goes well at Tesla, If car not delivered in December then I will along with many will take 50% cut in Federal Credit, though hoping for the best outcome.

16. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

Will do. I think with you also getting RWD, you should not be far behind. White and solid black are just very common colors

17. Koflach

Koflach Member

i placed my order on the 28th of June and have yet to receive a call from Tesla. They have responded to my email inquiries but I have yet to get an unsolicited email from them.

18. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

#18 Linkeds2, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Update 8/04

Received call from ISA that car is ready for pickup for asap delivery. Chose 8/08 as delivery date.

I’m betting this one sat in a lot after the stockpile and was ready as soon as ISA got some free time. I’ll update on condition of vehicle. I got the checklist and will fill that out. Most likely will take delivery as long as there’s no huge defect (can schedule whatever after delivery. So long as I catch before taking it home for liability)

Vin is 57xxx

19. 1deepthink

1deepthink Member

Can you point me to the checklist?

20. Benjamin4stack

$2000.00 extra for white now?!! Seriously?? I'm out. I was on the fence. Audi A7 in Ibis white for $0 upcharge for me.