Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contact any Driver easy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excluding Supercharges, I think most agree that the network isn't reliable enough for most EV users to use for long distance travel.

Knowing how long an EV has been on / still requires charging, would make charging a little less hassle.

Apps have been released to tackle these questions but until they reach critical mass, it appears most of us aren't actually installing them, catch 22.

I always leave my personal mobile number on show inside the car while charging for enquires, however I'm not convinced this is a good idea. [feel free to tell me why this is a bad idea]

What is needed is an anonymous way to contact anyone, that's free and easy. We have it already, Email in general, but Gmail for ever easier communications. [Voice chat, video chat, single and group messages, as well as email.]

Why not just setup a new gmail account with your reg. plate on, [[email protected]] and leave details on display while charging. Your reg is always already on display front and rear and large, so why not make it work for us.

Next time you see an EV and catch the reg plate, how easy is it to contact them? [[email protected]]

[Stands well back and waits for the flaming to start]

Last edited:
This isn't just about superchargers.

You are aware of the chargebump app I presume? It's anonymous, you can leave a link or QR code in your window and you can put a card under someone's wiper to encourage them to download it. If the charging networks got behind it that would also help.