Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contact From Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Just after some information. I have ordered an M3LR through an NHS leasing company (Knowles) and they have told me Tesla will be in touch to advise when to download the app, arrange delivery/collection etc. I am due the car the first week in April and wondered when I should expect Tesla to get in touch! Yes I am being impatient!

Thanks for any help/experiences you can share!

You can download the app now but it won’t do much. Don’t expect to hear from Tesla until about 2 weeks before delivery or even less.

I presume your expected delivery of ‘first week in April’ is from the leasing company, if so then it can and probably will change as it’s not in their hands.

You can download the app now but it won’t do much. Don’t expect to hear from Tesla until about 2 weeks before delivery or even less.

I presume your expected delivery of ‘first week in April’ is from the leasing company, if so then it can and probably will change as it’s not in their hands.
I ordered the car well before Xmas and had to time the delivery with the end of my current contract, however the lease company have advised me that Tesla can be a bit of a law unto themselves with regard when the car might be ready so they expect it to be before Easter weekend! I haven't had any contact from Tesla at all....not sure what I expecting though! :)

I ordered the car well before Xmas and had to time the delivery with the end of my current contract, however the lease company have advised me that Tesla can be a bit of a law unto themselves with regard when the car might be ready so they expect it to be before Easter weekend! I haven't had any contact from Tesla at all....not sure what I expecting though! :)
What the lease company expects and when Tesla delivers are usually poles apart. The car is rubbish anyway and not worth the wait ;)

It's a right of passage for everyone who orders, Tesla tell you nothing of any value or accuracy until you get into the final weeks - contact them ten times and you'll get ten different answers about what's going on.

As a general rule of thumb they try to deliver all vehicles by the end of the quarter, so the first week of April may inaccurate depending on whether it goes to the leasing company first or direct to you - if it's going directly to you then end of March is more likely if your car is built in Q1 this year, if your car is built in Q2 then forget April, those cars won't arrive until mid to late May.

If Tesla have your email and mobile number then you will get a message when you have a vehicle allocated, generally those come any time from when the car is at the dock to when the ship clears the Panama Canal. After that you have another few weeks to wait until they send you a follow up scheduling pickup/delivery and then another with your VIN and Reg about a week before you get it.

Follow Mr Miserable's shipping thread when it starts up again, you should then be able to work out which ship you are on from your allocation message timing and that'll give you a more realistic ETA in the UK; your delivery will then typically be 4-12 days after it gets to Southampton.

Last edited:
Yeah similar experience here. Mines a company car through lex autolease. The car was ordered on 24th November. I had a delivery date about 3 days later of early Feb 21. Then mid Dec out of the blue I got a text from Tesla saying it would be delivered on 23rd Dec. A few more texts the next week RN number then VIN and REG details.

I contacted the lease company who knew nothing of my contact from Tesla and the early delivery date.
Car was delivered on the 23rd Dec so 4 weeks from order to delivery!!

Thanks for the responses. Essentially I need to pray to the Tesla Gods that something will happen and eventually texts will arrive!

Yes. As others have said, the communication is painful. I also got mine through NHS but via Arnold Clark. The most important info you can get is your RN (reservation number). Then you will be able to identify when your car is built/loaded to ship. The only useful person after that is Mr Miserable - his shipping thread is accurate and updated regularly. I knew which boat I was on and the delivery window while Tesla service center were clueless. My lease company said 'within 3 months', then when I called 4-5 weeks later they again said 'within 3 months' and were uppity when I called them out on it. I was about 10w from order to delivery, as I fell in the re-tooling window for the update, many others will report under 4 weeks - it is the luck/timing of the delivery schedule/financial quarters.

My delivery text arrived AFTER my car - I had it delivered to my house directly and was surprised to see it pull up o_O

Fortunately, all that crap was (almost forgotten and forgiven) once I drove it :D

Reactions: Thebaron1974
Like you, we ordered ours thorough the NHS via Knowles.

Expect most of your contact to come from Tesla. Have Knowles giving you your RN number yet? The date giving you was most likely an estimate as others have said. As suggested, see if you can get your RN number either from Knowles or from Tesla. Once you do you can follow up with Tesla. Knowles have limited contact once the car has been ordered. They ask you to keep them in touch and notify them when you've been contacted by Tesla. This is so they can sort out your insurance before collection so make sure do keep them informed.

Hi. Just after some information. I have ordered an M3LR through an NHS leasing company (Knowles) and they have told me Tesla will be in touch to advise when to download the app, arrange delivery/collection etc. I am due the car the first week in April and wondered when I should expect Tesla to get in touch! Yes I am being impatient!

Thanks for any help/experiences you can share!
2 issues:
One problem I can see is the April delivery date.
Tesla will not want to deliver in April but would very much prefer it was in your hands before the end of March.
Are delaying delivery because of BIK?
The other danger here is that because you don't want delivery in the near future your leasing company may not order the car from Tesla straight away.
Ask the leasing company for the Tesla Reservation Number (RN). This will at least show that you car has been ordered.

2 issues:
Tesla will not want to deliver in April but would very much prefer it was in your hands before the end of March.
The other danger here is that because you don't want delivery in the near future your leasing company may not order the car from Tesla straight away.
Ask the leasing company for the Tesla Reservation Number (RN). This will at least show that you car has been ordered.
Thanks for this. I am hoping they will push for a March delivery as I am having to travel nearly two hours to pick it up....and my partner is away the week it's scheduled so I was looking at trains all other kinds of hassle! It's scheduled for early April as that's when my current lease is up, but the lease company have said they expect it to be earlier!. It's definitely been ordered as I sat on the phone with the chap as he did it! :)

2 issues:
I have my RN number! Now.....what can I do with it :)