I'm not sure why Tesla hasn't figured it out or hasn't said what the workaround is but I found this while searching for my particular issue. r/teslamotors - Tesla Model 3 Bluetooth Contact Sync Fix I've had my car since January and I've been patiently waiting for a fix and in the meantime I've been going without contact syncing. The issue appears to characters or symbols that may cause issues in your contact name. I went through my 450+ contacts and removed characters that I deemed may affect syncing. I'm pretty sure & is part of the issue but to be safe I removed anything with # in it. I also left - (dashes) in as that would be common. Went back in the car and turned contact syncing on and everything showed up right away. What normally happened was the bluetooth symbol would sync then you see it disappear and it would repeat after a few seconds. So your phone would constantly disconnect from bluetooth unless you turned off contact syncing. Hope this fixes the issue for some people if it hasn't been mentioned before. I'm using an iPhone and don't know if this is affected by Android.