Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contacting Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious, how hard would it be to actually get in touch with Elon Musk?

With Martin Eberhard officially "out", both in the company's words as well as his own (though he still retains his 3% share of the stock), and yet still needing to get ahold of not merely Tesla, but Tesla's upper management as a means of effecting change/altering the standing business plan (IMHO, Mr. Musk has positioned the metaphorical "cart" ahead of the "horse"), is there a direct # for Elon that anyone here may be privy to? Anyone??

Well, I certainly would not want to post any personal contact info of anybody on a public forum. His email address is possible to find with some clever searching / guessing.

But it seems like going through the normal "Contact" link on the Tesla web site would be the easiest/best place to start.

Well, I certainly would not want to post any personal contact info of anybody on a public forum. His email address is possible to find with some clever searching / guessing.

There is always the "private messaging" feature of this site....

I've previously tried getting ahold of Martin, i.e., ringing him up, but my contact information is (apparently) long outdated as I was only able to initially reach his ex-wife (talk about an embarrassing and telephonically goose stepping around the divorce issue--though, for what it's worth, it sounded as though it was a mutually equitable arrangement--I am thankful that our conversation took place over the wire instead of face to face so that she couldn't see my face flushed), and in my subsequent conversation Martin, he made it clear that he was no longer affiliated with Tesla in any way other than retaining a 3% stake in the shares, let alone had any idea as to current contact #'s for anyone at Tesla.

So, I am intersted in acquiring direct contact information for Mr. Musk as I am best able to convey the intent of my contact over the phone (failing a face to face meeting that is)...any help would be appreciated.

There are hundreds of people who think Tesla is making huge mistakes, and that they have a solution. Tesla typically ignores these folks; it seems nearly impossible that you could arrange any sort of meeting with Elon, especially if he knows your intentions.

-Ryan

There are hundreds of people who think Tesla is making huge mistakes, and that they have a solution. Tesla typically ignores these folks; it seems nearly impossible that you could arrange any sort of meeting with Elon, especially if he knows your intentions.

-Ryan
My "intentions" are not to tell Mr. Musk that he has made any "mistakes" (such as I've mentioned elsewhere regarding the "cart before the horse" analogy for example) as I'm certain he's heard them all before...the past is the past and exists solely as an educational opportunity for those wise enough to have paid attention and endeavor to avoid repetition.

My intentions for contacting Mr. Musk is to offer advice on advancing the Tesla technology and to, perhaps, provide insight to aid in overcoming current hurdles faced by the company.

As the screen name implies, I wish to "inspire", not belittle current business practices or bemoan past grievances. I just want the tech out there because humanity and the World needs it and would like to see Tesla at the forefront (which, admittedly, may in some small part serve my own selfish desires).

Probably a lot of people that want to offer "advice" as well. Elon is a successful, well educated guy, and he likely knows a lot of other successful and well educated people that he could turn to for advice. You'd probably need some good credentials for him to care what you have to say. That or be a customer.

Last edited:
Yup, I agree with doug on this one. Elon is not going to be easy to reach, and probably assumes he has enough advisors. Probably assumes he has too many advisors if you include the public at large.

In my mind your best options would be:

1) going through "normal" channels and pitching your case to whomever answers the phone at Tesla or SpaceX and hoping your message gets to him that way. It had better be a pretty good story for this to work, in my opinion.

2) Becoming a customer by putting enough money down on a car that you have access to some of the owner back-channels (which are not that much better than non-customers, but somewhat).

3) Getting enough Press credentials that you can get him to grant you an interview somehow.

Or I supopse:

4) Posting your ideas in a public forum that Elon is likely to read.

Probably a lot of people that want to offer "advice" as well. Elon is a successful, well educated guy, and he likely knows a lot of other successful and well educated people that he could turn to for advice. You'd probably need some good credentials for him to care what you have to say. That or be a customer.

I have the credentials...how do you think I was able to get ahold of Mr. Eberhard via his cell?

Or I supopse:

4) Posting your ideas in a public forum that Elon is likely to read.

That is, you mean much as I have done here?

I am not beyond investigating alternative forms of contacting individuals who've developed a need to maintain a certain level of inaccessibility out of, say, privacy concerns, as long as some degree of contact is reciprocated, otherwise, I am not inclined to waste my time and will, instead, turn my attentions elsewhere/to a more receptive/accessible audience, especially when it comes to dispersing information that would be beneficial to all.

Both of the #'s he posted were/are the respective companies main office lines which are available either on their websites or in a phone directory...no harm, no foul. You're just over reacting.
It's called being a responsible moderator. If you say the numbers are public, I'll take your word for it. I've restored the post. Good luck with your quest.