Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contacts won't sync. Only favorites and call history. [android phones]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok...I think I found a fix. On my Samsung phone under Settings I selected Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version, PBAP 1.1, then Apply. I connected to my car and contacts now sync. What is strange is when I switched it back to PBAP version 1.2 it still syncs the contacts. So, by toggling this option it seemed to fix the issue.

I don't recall how I enabled the developer options. I know you can google it.
Thank you for this. Fixed my issue as well. Couldn't text with voice commands because no contacts in the system.

This Bluetooth PBAP trick worked for me, but not as straight forward as I thought. I have a Samsung S21+ and Model Y. With PBAP 1.1 the car would not connect to the phone for calls. I had to make the PBAP 1.1 change, pair, then forget the phone on the car, change back to PBAP 1.2, then try to pair again without removing the old pairing on the phone. Kind of hit and miss until my contacts appeared on the car. Will see if they disappear again, but for sure the car is not able to talk to the phone for calls while on PBAP 1.1.

This Bluetooth PBAP trick worked for me, but not as straight forward as I thought. I have a Samsung S21+ and Model Y. With PBAP 1.1 the car would not connect to the phone for calls. I had to make the PBAP 1.1 change, pair, then forget the phone on the car, change back to PBAP 1.2, then try to pair again without removing the old pairing on the phone. Kind of hit and miss until my contacts appeared on the car. Will see if they disappear again, but for sure the car is not able to talk to the phone for calls while on PBAP 1.1.
I found the same thing happen for me. The contacts stayed there until the car did an update, then I had to do this workaround again.

Ok...I think I found a fix. On my Samsung phone under Settings I selected Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version, PBAP 1.1, then Apply. I connected to my car and contacts now sync. What is strange is when I switched it back to PBAP version 1.2 it still syncs the contacts. So, by toggling this option it seemed to fix the issue.

I don't recall how I enabled the developer options. I know you can google it.
Thanks . What should I do if I don't have this "Bluetooth PBAP" option on my Android 8.0.0 phone?