Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Containment Hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by Atlanta (Decatur) today and an employee mentioned in passing that the recent M3s "now" come with a center headrest in the rear that telescopes. It may be that he was comparing S to 3, but I'm almost certain he was comparing early 3s with current 3s. Also, the logjam of inventory in Atlanta is no more. Two weeks ago, 44 M3s awaiting delivery. Today, ~15 remain, and an employee mentioned they receive "at least" 3 per day. Looks like things are smoothing out.

I'm pretty sure even the RCs had that feature. It just doesn't look like it, so if they didn't know maybe they didn't think it had them...

The M3 user manual has a section on page 21 about raising and lowering the rear center headrest.

Z7q6OEg.jpg

The middle pull up headrest has always been there. I have a pdf of the manual someone posted a link to early on and it has a pdf creation date of 9/12/17. It's included in that manual version but not surprising that not all Store employees would know about it. Heck I'm still learning things about our MS.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Update.

Was given an updated delivery date....16 days from now.

So....the car is sitting at the local center, has been there for 6 days. 6 + 16 = 22 days.

So....longer than the time between placing the original order and being told to come pick it up.

Bwahahahaha.

:rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and IdaX
There was an internal systems update that was completed.

And when they finished that, they noticed something with the front end.

Now...I already inspected the vehicle, and I noticed nothing untoward, so I have no idea what they might be referring to unless something was damaged during the vagaries of prep.

I have no real concerns about the desire to get it right before delivery. I'm perfectly happy to wait for the vehicle to be in top notch condition. And I appreciate every attention to detail. What I find funny is that it will take them longer to "fix" whatever is wrong with the car than it took them to build the car from scratch. That seems absurd.

All manufactures are suffering from these supply chain issues. If you have a used car you want to sell now would be a great time. Check out Carvanna to see the crazy high prices being offered right now since new car supply is way down.
Carmax is giving me 4k over carvana. Carmax is about 4k mkre than what i paid for a car after 8 months and 10k miles too!

Reactions: raptor5244