Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contemplating about switching MY LR order to MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
874A9F04-FFDD-4BAF-8FA7-2D01C5D27956.jpeg
D0159D0D-052C-45A1-ADC7-4789469D32FF.jpeg
DEB67513-43AF-44EA-8303-5F9F979623DD.jpeg
044ADF2A-42C7-4E1D-9196-9E756F4D7E03.jpeg
E2648BA0-5C32-4120-925B-4702EDC0B5A8.jpeg

ops. finally figure out how to post the pics correctly.

2020 LR:

19" painted satin black
20" inducton
21" uber

2022 P:
21" uber
19" martian

alright. I tried. hope this help.

I had a 2020 LR MY. let me dig up some old photo. I had on 19" gemini, 20" induction and 21" uber.

I have a 2022 MYP now with 19" martian.

not sure the photo can help. I couldn't tell a difference by the looks. But the drive is a lot better on the 2022 MYP compared to my 2020 LR.
Did you sell the 21’ that came with the MYP? If you did, any problems selling them?
I just got a MYP and are thinking of doing the same..

I see ppl here on the forum trying to sell their 21" uber around 2500-3000 all the time. If your set is clean and low miles, easy 2800-3000. If you include the OEM TPMS. If no TPMS, maybe 2500-2800 ish. Bc TPMS cost around 300 new.

I sold 3 set of 21" uber on craiglist from the Bay Area. There's a handful of LR owners here who would buy them bc it does look cooler than their 19" or 20". U just need to be patient and hold firm with your price. So many tire kicker will try to lowball u, claiming ppl can't get over 2500 for them. They're right if its used for more than 5k miles and NO TPMS. If your set is liked new and with TPMS, just stay firm with 3k and someone will come along.

I sold a set with around 5k miles with TPMS for $2600.

I sold 2 other set with less than 200 miles with TPMS for $3000 each.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
You keep the price it was when you placed the order… as long as you don’t change ANYTHING. If you make a change, you get hit in the nether regions with the new price. My build went up $5k if I wanted to change the colour From black to grey(now a free colour choice). The only place in the world that can make changes without this penalty is the good old U S of A.
This sucks. You think this policy will come here eventually?

Just wanted to post an update that I changed my MY LR to MYP order on the Friday morning right after Giga Texas event the night before (since no new MY announcements). The next day, Saturday, my EDD changed to mid April. Saturday evening VIN was assigned, so we went ahead and uploaded insurance & cash payment. Sunday morning at 10AM they gave me a call to schedule home delivery of the MYP that same afternoon (AMD Ryzen chipset). Best $5k spent I guess? Now we get to enjoy the car many many months ahead of schedule.

Dude I may do the same.. I can't wait no more man....I will do it in December... I gotta save up a bit more.
What's your EDD now? If you can spring for it just put the upgrade in ASAP. Our only regret is not changing to MYP earlier in the year. It's certainly a huge relief for us being able to get the car now as we're expecting soon. Won't have time to deal with EDD or deliveries once the new kiddo comes.

Just wanted to post an update that I changed my MY LR to MYP order on the Friday morning right after Giga Texas event the night before (since no new MY announcements). The next day, Saturday, my EDD changed to mid April. Saturday evening VIN was assigned, so we went ahead and uploaded insurance & cash payment. Sunday morning at 10AM they gave me a call to schedule home delivery of the MYP that same afternoon (AMD Ryzen chipset). Best $5k spent I guess? Now we get to enjoy the car many many months ahead of schedule.
what was your OD?

What's your EDD now? If you can spring for it just put the upgrade in ASAP. Our only regret is not changing to MYP earlier in the year. It's certainly a huge relief for us being able to get the car now as we're expecting soon. Won't have time to deal with EDD or deliveries once the new kiddo comes.
My EDD is December. I ordered it in March but I'm pretty sure it's going to get pushed out to 2023. Yolo I'm about to switch it to performance

My EDD is December. I ordered it in March but I'm pretty sure it's going to get pushed out to 2023. Yolo I'm about to switch it to performance
Oh yea. My original OD was mid Nov 2021, got pushed to September.... since I was gonna spend 2k for acceleration boost for the LR, I said screw it and got MYP. Swapped out the 21" uberturbines for another gemini set + cash so I basically got my LR with acceleration boost...delivered 2 days after I changed my order. Clearly Tesla inventory or EDD tracking system is garbage, or they're just holding us hostage unless we cough up the extra $$$

Oh yea. My original OD was mid Nov 2021, got pushed to September.... since I was gonna spend 2k for acceleration boost for the LR, I said screw it and got MYP. Swapped out the 21" uberturbines for another gemini set + cash so I basically got my LR with acceleration boost...delivered 2 days after I changed my order. Clearly Tesla inventory or EDD tracking system is garbage, or they're just holding us hostage unless we cough up the extra $$$
Yolo!!!!!! Plus we extend our lives by not stressing about when the car will come.