Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Conti DWS 06+ vs Pirelli AS+ 3 AS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting ready to permanently swap out my 21” uberturbines for relatively lightweight square setup of 19x8.5 wheels and 255/45 tires. My goal is better ride quality and a quieter ride.

I know the DWS06 conti’s are really popular with the MY/M3 crowd but I don’t get the sense ride quality/noise is the leading criteria for most folks when switching to those. I’ve been pretty impressed with a set of Pirelli Scorpion AS+ on my wife’s Highlander so a little research has me looking at the Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3’s for my MYP. I live in Cali so snow performance is a non-issue and while I definitely take advantage of the car’s acceleration, I’m not doing any stoplight racing or heavy canyon carving.

What y’all think? Any experience or preference between these two? Or should I be barking up another tree?

I will be in similar situation in about 9 months with my MYP. Switch to 19s and 255s.

I second the ride quality on the Pirelli Scorpions from a prior car when making a change to that tire. I dont have experience with the A7 line but looks like tire rack ranked it very high up there for noise and comfort. It is in the All Season Grand Touring category and ranked 2nd overall on Tirerack.

Since I do occasional road trips to Cali for Vegas range is important to me. I dont want to lose 10% and change my whole charging stop pattern. Hopefully somebody can comment.

I am looking at the Continental ProContact RX factory OE tire. Comes with foam and definitely maximizes range.

I don't have any experience with the Pirellis, but I switched from the stock Conti ProContacts to Conti ExtremeContact DWS06+ and I love them. Much smoother/quieter ride. Couldn't be happier with their performance.

I made the switch because the ProContacts were terrible in the snow. The DWS are way better in the snow and exceptional in the rain. Range hit for me, if any, was negligible.

I just installed the Continental Pure Contact LS on my Model S. No issues so far, they’re a grand touring tire so they should quieter and provide a smoother ride than the DWS06. They also come with a 70k mile warranty as opposed to the DWS06 50k mile warranty.