TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Continental ContiSportContact 5, ContiSportContact 5P, or Michelin Pilot Super Sport?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Frank the Tank, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Frank the Tank

About time for me to switch out my 21" ExtremeContact DW after getting 25k miles on them. Question: what's the difference between the ContiSportContact 5 and 5P? Also, what are peoples thoughts between the 5/5P vs the Pilot Super Sport?

2. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

I can't compare the PSS (but I have like it on other cars), but the SC convinced me to try the ContiExtremeContact. It is a very quiet tire, so if that's a priority for you I would consider it for that reason.

3. mdevp

mdevp Member

Doesn't one of the Conti's have a sound deadening strip inside the tire? Does it work?

4. theheff

theheff Member

That's some great life out of the 21" Contis. I know that people are having a great experience with the Michelin PSS, as well. I've had the Hankook Evo Ventus V2s for about 5k miles and have been very pleased for the money.

5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

The ContiExtremeContact that Tesla sells does, and it's very quiet.