TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Armadillos, May 4, 2016.

1. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

May 4, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Have anyone used these tires on your Tesla? I need to replace the OEM tires on my car, and am looking for some good tires that aren't quite as expensive as the replacement OEMs. Thanks!
  2. pdxrunr

pdxrunr Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Just had these installed on my car with new 21" avant garde m510 wheels. So far, they are great. I went from 19" Eagles, so they are a bit more noisy of course and the ride is a little rougher, but nothing I didn't expect. I thought they were a decent value. The Hankooks are much less expensive, but can't speak to the performance aspect. I know others like them.
    • Helpful x 1
  3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Nov 3, 2009
    Smithfield, VA
    I just had 20" Continental ExtremeContact DWS06s put on after getting about 35,000 miles on General G-Max AS-03s (P85, a few moderately aggressive launches and/or hard turns a day, but usually not pedal to the floor). I should be able to get over 40k miles on these--maybe 45k, extrapolating from the Generals.

So far the Contis seem quieter than the Generals. Treadwear rating (560) and traction (AA) are better than the Generals as well. I'm waiting for some dry weather to try flooring it to compare the traction, but on paper the Contis are better traction-wise. They're not summer performance tires so they won't glue to the pavement like those, but heck, I'm not going to replace my tires every 8,000 miles...
  4. ReturnZero

ReturnZero Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Dallas TX
    A good friend of mine has a BMW M3 and has been using Conti DW tires (performance tire) for years, and I've been using Conti DWS tires on my BMW X3 for a while too. They're grippy, quiet, smooth and last a very long time. I think you'll be very pleased with them.