Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental ExtremeContact DWS06

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't really need quantifiable data, just an opinion as to whether you thought one set was louder than the other. I know newer tires are pretty much always quieter than old ones.

I've gone through a lot of tires on my Miata, and I can still remember how some tires like the original Falken Azenis just howled like mad when they were worn. Others like the original Bridgestone S-03 were not as bad.

Don't really need quantifiable data, just an opinion as to whether you thought one set was louder than the other. I know newer tires are pretty much always quieter than old ones.

I've gone through a lot of tires on my Miata, and I can still remember how some tires like the original Falken Azenis just howled like mad when they were worn. Others like the original Bridgestone S-03 were not as bad.
I'd say they were pretty similar, maybe the slightest of edges to the DWS 06+ in terms of road noise later in life. That's incredibly anecdotal at best and I'm not sure it's even really useful given the subjective nature. I'd still say this was a nominal difference at best.

Just ordered 265/35 R22 and 285/35 R22 for my X based on reviews and just overall good reputation of these tires and brand. Wanted Michelin Crossclimate 2 but they don't have those sizes (I have them on my wife's CR-V and they are great) Wore out factory GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 3 after 20,000 miles, very quiet and comfortable tires, efficiency is at around 350 wh/m... so we will see how new tires survive

Reactions: YYZ-IAD