Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental ExtremeContact DWS06

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out that the DWS06 PLUS are improved version and higher rated than those without the Plus. A few days too late for me to be smart on all the variants. Wish Dunn Tire in Buffalo would have told me -- but we are where we are. I will get by. Thanks
I also just installed DWS06 PLUS on my Q5, this DWS06 PLUS version is more advanced, upgraded from the old version at an impressive price. I found the DWS06 to be too soft on the sidewalls and a bit noisy over time, and especially at high speeds. The plus variant solved both of those problems for me and is even noticeably quieter. Traction has been improved and so are the rounded sidewalls.

Reactions: YYZ-IAD
Curious, don't have my Y yet but plan on buying a set of 20" wheels/tires and using the stock 19" rims for winter (sell the OEM tires).

Do all seasons typically last longer than summer? I'm not looking for super performance, just road noise/comfort and hopefully as long life as possible.

Have always gone with Conti tires so was wondering about these all seasons vs the Conti summers for the Y.

Curious, don't have my Y yet but plan on buying a set of 20" wheels/tires and using the stock 19" rims for winter (sell the OEM tires).

Do all seasons typically last longer than summer? I'm not looking for super performance, just road noise/comfort and hopefully as long life as possible.

Have always gone with Conti tires so was wondering about these all seasons vs the Conti summers for the Y.
The treads are very deep. Just based on the depth - I believe they have to have long life. The sidewall ratings on treadlife are 500 as I recall which is as big as I've seen).

I've been running the Vredestein Quatrac Pros on my 21" non-staggered S for the last 2 years/25,000 miles as my all season tires but decided to make the switch to the DWS06 Plus. I liked the Vredesteins in general and especially in the snow but man are they soft and a bit squirrely in dry conditions in grooved cement/asphalt. DWS06 Plus go on the car early next week; happy to report back with some initial feedback.

I've been running the Vredestein Quatrac Pros on my 21" non-staggered S for the last 2 years/25,000 miles as my all season tires but decided to make the switch to the DWS06 Plus. I liked the Vredesteins in general and especially in the snow but man are they soft and a bit squirrely in dry conditions in grooved cement/asphalt. DWS06 Plus go on the car early next week; happy to report back with some initial feedback.
Any feedback? Debating these exact two tires.

Those are excellent DD tires.
I had them on my DD EVO X MR going back and forth to NYC.
But I’d still get dedicated extreme summer and dedicated extreme winter tires for the most performance!

Just had my 1st snow experience lasts eve with the DWS06. Back roads were unplowed with about 2-3 inches. The Contis felt secure. Good traction.
Same experience… very pleased overall with these tires vs OEM A/S. I haven’t been on a long road trip and can’t give a range reduction with these tires just yet… but on dry and wet roads the grip is much better and can’t say any additional road noise on local roads or highway.

I have about 900 miles on these on my 2021+ Model S. Very predictable, good wet traction. Limited snow / ice experience on the S. I've had great experience with the Plus on a Chysler 200C (V6 - AWD), and with the prior version on a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and Mustang GT. Very competent all seasons.

+1 on the Conti DWS06. Best tire I have ever owned for all season driving. I live in Southern California and but take several trips to the mountains when it's snowing, and I have never been let down by the DWS06. I even had a set of 19's with Michelin X-Ice that I never put on the car because the DWS felt so good in winter conditions.

Here is last year heading up to the local mountains (The chain of cars was driving plenty fast, but the Audi was a little impatient)

Reactions: dgaultiere
+1 on the Conti DWS06. Best tire I have ever owned for all season driving. I live in Southern California and but take several trips to the mountains when it's snowing, and I have never been let down by the DWS06. I even had a set of 19's with Michelin X-Ice that I never put on the car because the DWS felt so good in winter conditions.

Here is last year heading up to the local mountains (The chain of cars was driving plenty fast, but the Audi was a little impatient)

Always great to see idiots on the road who believe because they drive a Quattro it suddenly allows them to pass at high speeds in brutal snowy weather on a turn no less.

Drivers like that give me road rage (and I own two Audis).

I just picked up a set of DWS06 Plus's in 255/35/20 for my P3M - about 250 miles in so far and they ride and handle very nicely!
How have the DWS06+ in 255/35/20 worked for you? I have a new M3P with 20" wheels and don't like the stretched 235/35/20 tires. I am thinking of going to 18" wheels and 245/45/20 DWS06+ tires. I thought the 255/25/20s would be too big or at least the speedo would not be calibrated properly.

How have the DWS06+ in 255/35/20 worked for you? I have a new M3P with 20" wheels and don't like the stretched 235/35/20 tires. I am thinking of going to 18" wheels and 245/45/20 DWS06+ tires. I thought the 255/25/20s would be too big or at least the speedo would not be calibrated properly.
I ended up getting 255/35/20 DWS06 Plus tires on my 9" wide rims last fall. Set the wheels to track mode in the car settings and the speedometer will be spot on.

Ride quality is fine with them, and I'm in New England. They were really good in the snow, but definitely not a replacement for winter tires.