Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental ProContact RX 235/40R19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to sell my stock tires from the 19" sport wheels from my model 3

I was trying to wait until they wore out so I can get some larger tires but they are lasting to long!

I nabbed a deal on a complete aero set while I get my Sport wheels powder coated and new tires installed and will probably keep them for long road trips

My tires are at approx. 61% of new for the rears and 78% of new for the fronts

make me an offer, I can drive maybe up to 100 mile radius from Long Beach and can meet at a tire shop if that helps (tires are still on my wheels)

here are the specs from tire rack

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Model 3&autoModClar=

JFP%ywDpQG2xRtGslzZaJA.jpg
FidE1lhATdmeAmdoTvxxXQ.jpg
pa7lTMZfTuO7I8HydYxBbQ.jpg
wVOD0+BVR3qe4tbXjftqXw.jpg

Have not bought them yet, I found a deal on a complete set of aeros that are as new, i'm running those and need to get the tire off the 19" Stilletos so I can get them powder coated, I'm thinking black chrome pvd finish, i'm going to go with https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...el=ExtremeContact+DWS+06&partnum=54YR9DWS06XL
as its the only tire in a 255/40/19 that comes in under 25 lbs. (24.8 on another site) the ps4s is 28 lbs.
I really like the look of the Stilletos and want a tire that will help protect from curb rash (my wife is very good at curbing the wheels but if i'm being honest in the first 2,000 miles I nicked em twice!) I know this tire is .6" taller but I am liking the more comfortable ride from the aeros, I'm hoping this gives me the best of both worlds.

Have not bought them yet, I found a deal on a complete set of aeros that are as new, i'm running those and need to get the tire off the 19" Stilletos so I can get them powder coated, I'm thinking black chrome pvd finish, i'm going to go with https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...el=ExtremeContact+DWS+06&partnum=54YR9DWS06XL
as its the only tire in a 255/40/19 that comes in under 25 lbs. (24.8 on another site) the ps4s is 28 lbs.
I really like the look of the Stilletos and want a tire that will help protect from curb rash (my wife is very good at curbing the wheels but if i'm being honest in the first 2,000 miles I nicked em twice!) I know this tire is .6" taller but I am liking the more comfortable ride from the aeros, I'm hoping this gives me the best of both worlds.
Thank you for the information, I wish I was able to choose the tires width for the same reasons.
From you previous posting I find the following tire's section width values:

- Continental Pro contact RX - Size: 235/40R19: 9.5"
- Continental Extreme contact DWS 06 - Size: 255/40ZR19: 10.2"

I would be curious to see a pictures of both tires installed for comparison.
However, I found the following posting, which might be of some interest (see picture):

Continental EC DWS06 255/40 R18 tires on RWD M3

Last edited:
Thank you for the information, I wish I was able to choose the tires width for the same reasons.
From you previous posting I find the following tire's section width values:

- Continental Pro contact RX - Size: 235/40R19: 9.5"
- Continental Extreme contact DWS 06 - Size: 255/40ZR19: 10.2"

I would be curious to see a pictures of both tires installed for comparison.
However, I found the following posting, which might be of some interest (see picture):

Continental EC DWS06 255/40 R18 tires on RWD M3
Thanks for that info, I am sure I will take a range hit but I do have the aero set for Long road trips so that I can make the best of my travel times, I figure I may take a 20% hit? I have a 248 kw/mi average over 16,500 miles right now, 300 is probably more what I would expect from a tire like this but not sure how rpm has an effect on range if any, I know its not and ICE but maybe there still is some benefit keeping revs down (doubt it though)

I really do like how much smoother and quiet the tires are on the aero wheels, it is noticeable so if the new tires are as bad as the stock ones on the 19's then that's what I would have expected so no surprise