Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental ProContact RX vs ExtremeContact vs Hankook Ventus S1 EVO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19 inch Sport wheels.

Going to need to replace my stock ProContact RX soon. Was thinking about going with ExtremeContact or Hankook Ventus S1 EVO.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I’d like better grip (Southern California Weather) and maintain fuel efficiency (if possible) and quietness.

Reactions: M423
19 inch Sport wheels.

Going to need to replace my stock ProContact RX soon. Was thinking about going with ExtremeContact or Hankook Ventus S1 EVO.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I’d like better grip (Southern California Weather) and maintain fuel efficiency (if possible) and quietness.
Check out the Continental DSW06, I got the 255/40/19 and now my speedo reads correct instead of a couple miles per hour high at say 80 mph. car rides better with more sidewall and wider tires, handles better with higher load range and wider tread but you will take a hit on range, I logged 19k on original tires (had plenty of tread left and sold them) with a 248 wh/mi vs. 15k miles on the new tires at a 266 wh/mi ave. or less than a 7% hit.

Going to need to replace my stock ProContact RX soon.
I am curious, how many miles you have on them?

I have the same tires and am not very happy with the grip and squealing around corners. But my car only has 1500 miles and I am wondering how long I will need to live them before upgrading.

The tire that repeatedly gets mentioned as the best all season is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I think you have to go up one size. And if you can live with summers all year, nothing compares to the Pilot Super Sport 4S.

The Continental tire mentioned above is also supposed to be very good.

Check out the Continental DSW06, I got the 255/40/19 and now my speedo reads correct instead of a couple miles per hour high at say 80 mph. car rides better with more sidewall and wider tires, handles better with higher load range and wider tread but you will take a hit on range, I logged 19k on original tires (had plenty of tread left and sold them) with a 248 wh/mi vs. 15k miles on the new tires at a 266 wh/mi ave. or less than a 7% hit.

do you have pics of how your wheels look with that size tires on them?

I am curious, how many miles you have on them?

I have the same tires and am not very happy with the grip and squealing around corners. But my car only has 1500 miles and I am wondering how long I will need to live them before upgrading.

The tire that repeatedly gets mentioned as the best all season is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I think you have to go up one size. And if you can live with summers all year, nothing compares to the Pilot Super Sport 4S.

The Continental tire mentioned above is also supposed to be very good.

how come I would need to go up one size with the Michelin?

Attached is view of tire they don’t look that bad almost oem like

Attachments

• 24A80297-AAD6-4805-B922-62D26CEE0C12.jpeg
    24A80297-AAD6-4805-B922-62D26CEE0C12.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 734791E9-771E-4C3F-8E25-53C9B096C592.jpeg
    734791E9-771E-4C3F-8E25-53C9B096C592.jpeg
    566.2 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: warrior15r