Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental ProContact RX vs Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered these with the labor day sale for my 19" Gemini wheels. Having them installed in 3 weeks, will post results and feedback. Was between these and the Michelin CrossClimate2. These were over $300 cheaper than the CC2.. Based on ratings the P7 AS Plus 3 are better in every way to the OEMs which worked fine for me.

I just ordered these with the labor day sale for my 19" Gemini wheels. Having them installed in 3 weeks, will post results and feedback. Was between these and the Michelin CrossClimate2. These were over $300 cheaper than the CC2.. Based on ratings the P7 AS Plus 3 are better in every way to the OEMs which worked fine for me.
Where did you order them? Is that sale still available?

PURELY ANECDOTAL: My local Discount Tire store manager claimed, in the 6 years he's managed the store, that Pirelli has a consistent issue with ozone deterioration, possibly limited to high heat/sun regions? I'm in Fort Worth.

He then sold me TWO sets of CrossClimate 2s, one for my 2019 Avalon Hybrid, another for my 2021 MYLR.

2019 Avalon:2500 miles later, I swapped the tires for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s. Much quieter, better dry traction, handling, but probably not as good in the snow.

2021 MYLR: 400 miles later, swapped for a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s. Same as above.

Texas has miles and miles of exposed aggregate concrete, asphalt, tar and chip road surfaces. The CrossClimate tire tread is WAY too aggressive, is deafeningly loud, even after 2500 miles of breakin.

ALL OF THESE TIRES will decrease you efficiency. How much vs. the Tesla LRR OEM ContiProContact, and the Avalon Bridgestone LRR EL440? In my experience, 6-10%, even bumping the pressure to 45psi.

YMMV!!!!!!