Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental PureContact LS vs Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II

fetar30310

Jul 24, 2021
Austin, TX
I'm looking to replace the 19" OEM Goodyear Eagle Touring tires on my MS Raven LR.

I've done a lot of research and narrowed it down to these two choices:
  • Continental PureContact LS
  • Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II (note: Quite different from the original P7 AS)
I've seen mixed reviews on the P7 AS2s. Some people LOVE their comfort and efficiency while others say their efficiency has completely tanked since putting them on. However, it looks like most people that complain about the efficiency have just put them on and haven't broken them in yet. I've only seen one person say good things about the efficiency, noting that they're just as good as OEMs but better in every other aspect.

So - has anyone had the P7 AS 2s on for a while that can comment on their efficiency after being broken in?

They're my preferred tire, but my fallback is the Conti PureContact LS since those seem to be universally recommended - though their TireRack scores are nowhere near as good as the Pirellis.

If I missed anything, please feel free to suggest another alternative.

I'm looking for the best all season tire to replace the 245/45/19 OEMs. I don't need snow traction since I live in Texas, and I don't want summers because it does get cold in the winter.

I know everyone recommends Pilot Sport 4 AS, but from my understanding (which I may be wrong, so please correct me), they're exceptionally good performers but compromise ride comfort. My priorities are ride comfort, noise, and efficiency.

Reactions: Carolina Karl

Dukeybootie

Nov 12, 2015
United States
I think you'll be fine with any of those choices. Coincidentally, I have the PureContact LS on my other car (Chevy Bolt) and I love them as well, definitely more comfortable (but less efficient) than the OEM hockey pucks. Would gladly buy both the Pirelli and Continental sets again.

fetar30310

Jul 24, 2021
Austin, TX
I think you'll be fine with any of those choices. Coincidentally, I have the PureContact LS on my other car (Chevy Bolt) and I love them as well, definitely more comfortable (but less efficient) than the OEM hockey pucks. Would gladly buy both the Pirelli and Continental sets again.
Which do you prefer the two, and why?

Dukeybootie

Nov 12, 2015
United States
Which do you prefer the two, and why?

Apples and oranges since we use the Bolt for around town driving and the Model S for long distance freeway commuting. Both have a 70,000 mile warranty, which was a big factor for me. Our priorities may not be the same, either -- I didn't mind a small drop in efficiency for increased treadlife with preserved ride and handling. That and I couldn't get the OEM Primacy in the 245/40/20. My driving style is smooth with plenty of high speed cruising in the mornings if that helps, no jackrabbit starts or hard cornering.

TM3Newbie

Jun 9, 2020
Garden Grove, CA
I just posted my initial review of the Pirelli's on my 2018 M3 19" as well. Check it out

fetar30310

Jul 24, 2021
Austin, TX
I just posted my initial review of the Pirelli's on my 2018 M3 19" as well. Check it out

This convinced me to just go with the Pirellis, thank you.

I wonder why you and a couple others aren't seeing massive efficiency losses while others are.

TM3Newbie

Jun 9, 2020
Garden Grove, CA
This convinced me to just go with the Pirellis, thank you.

I wonder why you and a couple others aren't seeing massive efficiency losses while others are.
Yeah I'm not sure why. I didnt notice that they mentioned they got an alignment as well. I've always got an alignment when getting new tires. So I've been kind of attributing the good efficiency to that

geofunner

Apr 10, 2019
Orange County
I recently replaced the OEM 19" Goodyear tires (only got 19K miles and done) with these Pirellis. I had the car aligned with the new tires installation. 1000 miles in here are my thoughts (2015 S85 RWD):
* Definitely a noticeable efficiency loss. With the Goodyear tires I was getting ~275 Whr/mile. ~285 Whr/mile with the Pirellis. Same driving routes and patterns and tires always inflated to 45psi.
* The Pirellis seem more "connected" to the road than the Goodyears did.
* Road noise seems about the same for both.

Overall I'm happy with them and look forward to much longer tire life or at least a reasonable treadlife warranty credit...

joelschuman

Aug 26, 2021
6 Hill St
I recently replaced 19" OEM wheels and OEM Conti ProContact tires with 18" Enkei TFR wheels and Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus II tires. New setup is silent. Ride is more comfortable and pavement imperfections seem to disappear. Can't judge handling as I don't drive aggressively. Efficiency is slightly better around town, but I haven't taken a long trip yet.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC