Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental PureContact LS vs Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had these Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 2s for coming up on a year now.

The OEM Goodyear Eagle Touring tires lasted me ~20k miles before needing to be replaced, with an average of ~275 Wh/Mi.

These Pirellis have had about 15,000 miles put on them and are still at 7/32 tread depth - from an original 10/32. If everything continues on, I should expect to receive in the ballpark of 35,000 (ish) miles on them, with a 70,000 mi treadlife warranty... so that'll definitely be something I pursue.

In terms of efficiency, I'm averaging 290 Wh/Mi on the Pirellis, with a disproportionately large amount of time spent in the 70-90MPH range. Around town, I frequently see trips in the 240-270 Wh/Mi range.

So, all in all:

• Treadlife seems to be better than OEM tires
  • There IS a range hit of about 5-10%
  • The ride comfort is notably better than OEM Goodyear Touring
  • The ride noise is fantastic, but I honestly can't remember the OEM to compare them to. It's not an exaggeration that the only noise I hear on certain roads is wind noise.
  • Handling is great, for a Grand Touring tire. It'll take turns and carve corners, but when you get into sharp notices - especially noticeable at low speed maneuvers like U-Turns - you'll feel the soft sidewall give way and the tires feel "washy", almost like they're rubbing on something in the wheel well. Not much of a concern though, as this only presents itself at (close to) steering wheel lock.