Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental tires on 19" m3p quality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Wanted to ask, this "stealth" (or whatever people call it) m3p I bought has Continental contiprocontact RX tires on it, and they don't seem to have nearly the grip that the Michelins did on the car I test drove. You can feel the traction control actively interacting (a little) during a launch, whereas the one I test drove was just glued to the F'n road and took off. When you do a rolling start from 20mph or so, both car launches felt the same.

So, has anyone else noticed this? Or are they switching all the tires to all-season Continentals?

Would much rather have a set of tires with a lower number of sipes on them.

My stealth car came with 18s which I swapped to the OEM 19 w stock tires. I never drove a 3 with the 20" so can't compare but 1) I've not noticed traction control stepping in (tires have about 22k now) and 2) car had 1 track even with those tires. 3) I keep cold inflation to 45psi and I feel like it's a decent tire for what it is... plus the range doesn't suck as bad as the more aggressive tires ...

Sorry if not helpful! :)

My stealth car came with 18s which I swapped to the OEM 19 w stock tires. I never drove a 3 with the 20" so can't compare but 1) I've not noticed traction control stepping in (tires have about 22k now) and 2) car had 1 track even with those tires. 3) I keep cold inflation to 45psi and I feel like it's a decent tire for what it is... plus the range doesn't suck as bad as the more aggressive tires ...

Sorry if not helpful! :)

Seems a bit crazy to put lower performing tires on this car. The Conti's probably work awesome for ice cars... But when you're dealing with a power curve like the Tesla has, they're not that good.

Have you considered swapping to a 245/40/19? Seems to be a lot more performance options on that ratio.

Seems a bit crazy to put lower performing tires on this car. The Conti's probably work awesome for ice cars... But when you're dealing with a power curve like the Tesla has, they're not that good.

Have you considered swapping to a 245/40/19? Seems to be a lot more performance options on that ratio.

I think you missed that the car came with the all season 18" wheels and tires from Tesla; while not a performance tire like the 20" upgrade package, the tires are better performers than originals. As for other tires, I had those rims/tires from my original LR Model 3 that was swapped for the stealth performance so nope.. didn't want to pay more :). Also, I've had no issues with the tires - other than a nail, not the tire's fault, and found them a find compromise for most of my driving needs. I still want the best range I can get as the car does to long distance trips not infrequently.