Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental TPMS Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need the harness to install the ECU in the car at the right side c pillar. The 1st gen is under the car and you must disconnect and cap the plug.
I opened up the panels today and found the 6-ping harness just sitting there ready for use. I believe my VIN 54797 was manu'd during a period in 2014 when Tesla was including the harness for the Conti ECU, but still installing the Balong ECU in the rear. Not sure why they did this, perhaps to draw down on purchased Baolong ECUs? Anyway, I just plugged in the ECU I purchased from the SC, and this week will install the new sensors and change the Toolbox config to Continental 2, and disconnect the Baolong ECU.

I opened up the panels today and found the 6-ping harness just sitting there ready for use. I believe my VIN 54797 was manu'd during a period in 2014 when Tesla was including the harness for the Conti ECU, but still installing the Balong ECU in the rear. Not sure why they did this, perhaps to draw down on purchased Baolong ECUs? Anyway, I just plugged in the ECU I purchased from the SC, and this week will install the new sensors and change the Toolbox config to Continental 2, and disconnect the Baolong ECU.
What revision is your Conti ECU? That will tell you if you need to set Conti 1 or Conti 2.

• Informative
Reactions: Gtech
glad you asked. I didn't know there were 2 revisions. can you tell from this picture??
What revision is your Conti ECU? That will tell you if you need to set Conti 1 or Conti 2.
IMG_9949.jpeg