Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continual Bluetooth disconnects!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past while i have been getting it where it connects to my phone and then disconnects. About every 5 seconds. I have deleted the app, rebooted my phone, deleted and reconnected it to the M3 and no changes. I tried it with my wife’s phone and she is having the same problem.

i updated last night and I am still having the issue on 2020.12.5. they gotta fix this!! It is horrible not being able to have a conversation as it switches from car to phone and back.

Am I the only one with this happening?

Keep your phone set to “Always” on within the Tesla App settings. That usually corrects that issue.

57460840-C72C-4281-97A4-047712540F2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: puckpurnell
I have all of those setting the same. This has just started in the last month (cannot really pinpoint as driving has been so infrequent recently). It is happening on iPhone XS as well as an iPhone 11. Both are on different versions of iOS as my wife lags on her XS and i run early betas on my 11.

I am going to do a full reset of the car today to see if that does anything as the problem is defiantly the car and not the phone.

I have all of those setting the same. This has just started in the last month (cannot really pinpoint as driving has been so infrequent recently). It is happening on iPhone XS as well as an iPhone 11. Both are on different versions of iOS as my wife lags on her XS and i run early betas on my 11.

I am going to do a full reset of the car today to see if that does anything as the problem is defiantly the car and not the phone.
I too am having issues. I too have beta iOS on iPhone 11.

Started with most recent beta install of iOS, last week.

Did hard reset of iPhone, seems to have resolved issue.

Mine was doing the same, I went into the Bluetooth settings in the car and clicked forget this device. Wasn’t easy to get because it kept disconnecting and connecting so quickly. After that I re-paired my phone and it’s worked perfectly ever since. It’s been over a week without issue.

Mine was doing the same, I went into the Bluetooth settings in the car and clicked forget this device. Wasn’t easy to get because it kept disconnecting and connecting so quickly. After that I re-paired my phone and it’s worked perfectly ever since. It’s been over a week without issue.
I have done that twice and it has popped up several times since. Very randomly and not very often though.

I’ve experienced this as well. Seems every time there is an update it is prone to do so more often. I know it can be annoying, but now whenever there is an actual update I simply choose to re-pair my phone. Works perfectly!... until the next update? Hmm.

I've had this issue on and off since I got the car, 2yrs. Deleting phone from car and car from phone together with rebooting both sometimes helps.

Another thing I found that helps is to make sure you are connected for AUDIO over Bluetooth in both the car and phone settings.

I have Bluetooth issues with 2020.16, but also might relate to recently purchased iPhone SE 2020. Now I often have to manually unlock the car and use the keycard to drive. Even after restarting the phone, re-pairing the phone and turning Bluetooth off and on it sometimes doesn't work. Rebooting the car fixes it for a day or two, but it reappears when you least expect it. Frustrated