TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Continuous BEEPING while driving

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by kewina178, Aug 11, 2017.

1. kewina178

kewina178 Member

Anyone ever experience a continuous BEEPING (from the seatbelt being unfastened alert) while driving?

well, it beeped ALL the way to work this morning. I put on my seatbelt and put it in D, and the beeping started. I drove a few blocks, tried pulling over, parking, getting out, locking the car, walking away, and getting back in ... put it in D and it BEEPED annoyingly all the way to work. when I got back in the car in the afternoon, it was fine as if it never happened.

I have a AP2 MX, VIN ~17000. I just emailed the SC to make an appt as there are some other cosmetic issues, like the side carpeting coming loose that i'll be bringing it in for. Anyone else experience this?

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Did you have something on your passenger seat that tricked it into thinking someone was sitting there?

(Also, obligatory question about whether you did a reboot?)

3. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Does the dash show an unlatched seatbelt on any of the seats? At least you'll know which seat is the culprit if so.

4. kewina178

kewina178 Member

nothing on any of the passenger seats and nothing showing an unlatched seatbelt ... the dash didn't have show any flashing icons or anything ...

5. animorph

animorph Member

it could think a door is open, either not completely shut or a sensor problem. Plenty of stories of people driving to the SvC while it beeped at them here on TMC. I would think the seatbelt beep would give up after a while, but haven't tried that. Either should show an icon I would think.

6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I had a problem with my 2nd row (passenger-side) seat where it would show the seatbelt was unlatched, even though the passenger had it securely fastened. They fixed it once, issue came back and then they replaced the seat. However, my instrument panel showed the issue.

If it's the seatbelt, you should see some indication of it. On the main console, you should see a red exclamation mark along the top (near the Tesla logo). If you press it, it should bring up a pop-up of the issue.

7. kewina178

kewina178 Member

Brought in the car for service bc of this faulty sensor (along with the center screen blacking out way too often and my right falcon wing door being misaligned).

Got the following update: "We are still working on your sensor and touchscreen concern. We may need to get another replacement touchscreen assembly tomorrow. I will provide an update for you once we near completion and the vehicle is sent to the body shop. Please contact me with any questions at your convenience."

There are no warning signs so seems like maybe faulty sensor