Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous BEEPING while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ever experience a continuous BEEPING (from the seatbelt being unfastened alert) while driving?

well, it beeped ALL the way to work this morning. I put on my seatbelt and put it in D, and the beeping started. I drove a few blocks, tried pulling over, parking, getting out, locking the car, walking away, and getting back in ... put it in D and it BEEPED annoyingly all the way to work. when I got back in the car in the afternoon, it was fine as if it never happened.

I have a AP2 MX, VIN ~17000. I just emailed the SC to make an appt as there are some other cosmetic issues, like the side carpeting coming loose that i'll be bringing it in for. Anyone else experience this?

nothing on any of the passenger seats and nothing showing an unlatched seatbelt ... the dash didn't have show any flashing icons or anything ...

it could think a door is open, either not completely shut or a sensor problem. Plenty of stories of people driving to the SvC while it beeped at them here on TMC. I would think the seatbelt beep would give up after a while, but haven't tried that. Either should show an icon I would think.

I had a problem with my 2nd row (passenger-side) seat where it would show the seatbelt was unlatched, even though the passenger had it securely fastened. They fixed it once, issue came back and then they replaced the seat. However, my instrument panel showed the issue.

If it's the seatbelt, you should see some indication of it. On the main console, you should see a red exclamation mark along the top (near the Tesla logo). If you press it, it should bring up a pop-up of the issue.

Brought in the car for service bc of this faulty sensor (along with the center screen blacking out way too often and my right falcon wing door being misaligned).

Got the following update: "We are still working on your sensor and touchscreen concern. We may need to get another replacement touchscreen assembly tomorrow. I will provide an update for you once we near completion and the vehicle is sent to the body shop. Please contact me with any questions at your convenience."

There are no warning signs so seems like maybe faulty sensor

Anyone ever experience a continuous BEEPING (from the seatbelt being unfastened alert) while driving?

well, it beeped ALL the way to work this morning. I put on my seatbelt and put it in D, and the beeping started. I drove a few blocks, tried pulling over, parking, getting out, locking the car, walking away, and getting back in ... put it in D and it BEEPED annoyingly all the way to work. when I got back in the car in the afternoon, it was fine as if it never happened.

I have a AP2 MX, VIN ~17000. I just emailed the SC to make an appt as there are some other cosmetic issues, like the side carpeting coming loose that i'll be bringing it in for. Anyone else experience this?
This just happened to me this morning....I've had my Model X since January (used...from 2016) and this was the first time this has happened. The beeping is slightly higher in pitch than the seat belt beeping. No idea what it could be. When I parked the car after I got to work, the beeping continued as I walked away from the car. I let it lock itself as I walked away, hoping it would reset, so then I returned to the car but the beeping still continued. I will track the battery as I'm working to see if it drains during the day.

I just experienced this issue with my Model Y. Just after entering and while in “Park,” the ongoing chime began. I solved it by preconditioning my vehicle. I set the preconditioning time to the present time. As my vehicle began the precondition. The chime stopped.
- Open Tesla app.
- Schedule
- Set “Departure” time to present time.