Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous indicator does not engage unless excessive force

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Been enjoying my new M3 LR MIC left, right, and centre!

Albeit not so much about the left and right: when flicking indicator stalk all the way up or down, sometimes it doesn't engage, and I have to repeat with more force applied.

Certainly more force than for the extremities of the cruise stalk.

Bad el. contact or bad design? I've read others experienced similar (e.g. the 2nd paragraph in @Irata's reply)

Hi everyone,

Been enjoying my new M3 LR MIC left, right, and centre!

Albeit not so much about the left and right: when flicking indicator stalk all the way up or down, sometimes it doesn't engage, and I have to repeat with more force applied.

Certainly more force than for the extremities of the cruise stalk.

Bad el. contact or bad design? I've read others experienced similar (e.g. the 2nd paragraph in @Irata's reply)
This could be normal behaviour, it depends how much force it needs. There is a definite indent to pass to engage the continuous indicator. A quick flick up or down will just do three “blinks”. You need to push past the indent to engage continuous.

This could be normal behaviour, it depends how much force it needs. There is a definite indent to pass to engage the continuous indicator. A quick flick up or down will just do three “blinks”. You need to push past the indent to engage continuous.
I push past the quick-flick all the way, the same amount of force and travel that I'd use to engage drive or reverse on the cruise stalk -- the latter never let me down.
Whereas at least one missed indication per journey warrants a call to Tesla service me thinks..

If the force feels abnormal it's probably not right. I don't feel like my indicators need a particularly great degree of force to go past the first indent.

Impossible to say with certainty without experiencing it, but from what you describe it maybe is faulty?