Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous Press Summon in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use standard Summon pretty much every day. Over the last week or so, I've been greeted with the option in my Tesla app that does not require continuous press for the car to move. As far as I know, this option is not available in Canada and the switch is greyed out in the MCU.

The strange thing is that the feature turns itself on randomly in my app and then the next day would revert to the old Summon method of requiring the continuous press. There is a visual difference in the app so I know when it's changed behaviour before even using it. Has anyone else experienced this?

See the following pics for an example of how the UI changes when continuous press is not required.

3342D8A3-5D37-47E8-91D7-68F08A5208E3.png
1791CCD5-C6B0-42E6-9E6C-A85C86AE37A7.png

Maybe I missed the news, but tonight when looking through the menus the option to enable single press summon was selectable (previously it was greyed out).

For about 2 months I have been exploiting the single press 'bug'.... I discovered to allow the US style summon with single press do the following: go into the summon screen when in wifi, then turn wifi off on your phone and within 3 seconds press reconnect in the tesla app. 99% of the time the Canadian Press and hold style summon gets replaced by the US type.

But now it seems I don't have to trick the system like that anymore as I can enable single press. I didn't see this in any recent release notes so not sure if others noticed this as well.

IMG_20200121_185244.jpg

IMG_20200121_185252.jpg

Maybe I missed the news, but tonight when looking through the menus the option to enable single press summon was selectable (previously it was greyed out).

For about 2 months I have been exploiting the single press 'bug'.... I discovered to allow the US style summon with single press do the following: go into the summon screen when in wifi, then turn wifi off on your phone and within 3 seconds press reconnect in the tesla app. 99% of the time the Canadian Press and hold style summon gets replaced by the US type.

But now it seems I don't have to trick the system like that anymore as I can enable single press. I didn't see this in any recent release notes so not sure if others noticed this as well.

View attachment 502981
View attachment 502982
This is clutch! Just checked the car and saw that it’s selectable in the summon menu. I totally forgot about this option and pretty much accepted that we just have to hold the button down to summon in Canada.

I had this happen to me the other night. I was trying to move the car forward a foot or two so I could get to the trunk without having to step in the snow. As per usual, I held down "Forward" and the car "activated" but wouldn't move forward. I then took my finger off the "Forward" and it moved forward and I noticed the big red "Stop" button on the bottom of the screen.
To tell you the truth, it freaked me out a little bit. I much prefer summon operating like a "dead man's pedal" and the car stopping as soon as I lift my finger.

What is even more interesting, is that when I checked the settings in the car, while I do now seem to have the option of "continuous press" or not, I still had continuous press selected. Will need to check that again.