Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contractors or Handy-men for installation of Starlink Satellite in So. California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EV forever

Supporting Member
Apr 23, 2016
Irvine, CA
Hi Folks,
Hoping someone could point me in the right direction - couldn't find anything specific when searching here.

We received out Starlink Satellite a few weeks ago - we live in a highly populated area of Southern California but we are keen to get out of the COX bondage for network. Unfortunately, neither me or my spouse are handy enough to attempt installing it ourselves. Our handyman we regularly use for jobs around the house does not do jobs that require climbing on the roof. I searched for contractors who specifically install satellite dishes, but didn't find anyone in our area.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated. Or if someone could advice on what type of contractor I should be searching for, that would be helpful too. I cannot imagine there is no one in SoCal available to do this job, so I am probably not searching for the right job.

Satellite dishes (like a DirecTV dish) are likely the most analogous piece of equipment--its literally just some bolts and a wire. You might find a smaller independent satellite services shop willing to do the install as a sort of one-off Starlink install job? No idea how they actually make money and if that would be a job they'd take, but it can't hurt to ask.

Be careful with running away from terrestrial service when you have good terrestrial service (which you almost certainly have). Sometimes life is better with the devil you know...