Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contractors who use the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model x two zero turns inside

Nice looking trailer!

I love the utility of EV's and the way they can cover long distances relatively cheaply and without a lot of regular maintenance. I can hardly wait to take delivery of a Cybertruck once they ramp up production.

I've been searching for an all-purpose, dual axle, open trailer rated to max out the tow capacity of the tri-motor (14K lbs.). I'm thinking a stake side trailer with low sides so it could haul sand, gravel or soil and just wide enough that a typical car could fit within. It should have an with integrated ramp. But most of the ramps I've seen are too long and will get in the way for loads that don't require a ramp. So maybe it could be easily removeable. Since the Cybertruck will have air suspension I'm thinking the ramp could be really short. I would just lower the front suspension and raise the rear (with the trailer attached) and this should practically turn the trailer into it's own ramp. Due to this feature, I wonder if I even need a ramp.

In any case, the trailer I envision is not too popular. I want it to be as light as possible for it's load rating so probably aluminum but I'm open to a well-engineered steel trailer than is not overly heavy. What would be really cool is a long, low unibody open box trailer constructed out of 30X cold-rolled stainless steel just like the truck! I would pay $25K for a well engineered 14K lbs. trailer like this that was designed to not catch the wind, had removeable stakes and could turn into it's own ramp by utilizing the trucks adjustable suspension.

A trailer designed specifically for the Cybertruck could have an electric jack integrated into the tongue to make un-hitching for Supercharging as quick and simple as possible.