TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Control heated seats w/ app w/o PUP?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by onlinespending, Jun 11, 2018.

1. onlinespending

this weekend I preheated the cabin of my 2.5 month old Model X using the iOS app for the first time when up in the mountains. That much worked, but I couldn’t seem to enable the heated seats through the app.

While I don’t have the cold weather package included through PUP, I figured I’d be able to control the heat for the front seats, since that comes standard. Am I missing something?

2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Yes, you are missing that there is currently no user control over heated seats, steering wheel, etc. from the app.

With the current version of the app/car firmware it is supposed to automatically turn them on during a pre-heat if it thinks it is cold enough to need them.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Did we decide it 'turned them if it was cold enough' or 'it was cold enough and they were on when the car was turned off'? I thought some saw the latter, but a lot of people didn't get those releases when it was still cold enough to test.....

4. onlinespending

Hmm. This is the case even with PUP? That’s a pretty big shortcoming if you ask me and a feature that could be implemented pretty easily.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Another item on the app wishlist.

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Yep, But it should be coming though as Elon has hinted that in the future back seat passengers will be able to use the app to control their own seats.

• Like x 1
  7. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I am thinking it doesn't make much sense to have the butt warmer on, until there is a real butt in the seat.

8. onlinespending

yeah, good point. I suppose it's pretty instant. But in that moment, as I was just a few minutes away from the trail head and my Model X from a cold hike in the snow, I was hoping to have that cabin and seats nice and toasty.

9. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Not sure about Tesla but in other cars I’ve had there has always been a warning in the manual never to operate heated seats if nobody is in the seat??