Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Control your Tesla with Google Calendar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some time now I have run into the problem of the easy automatic control of the heating and air conditioning of my MX. What I want is to automatically turn on the HVAC before I leave. For example, that the car is cleared of ice on time (really a must with an MX) or to get in a nice chilled car in the summer.

Since my Google Calendar basically knows well what I am going to do, that is a logical place to operate the HVAC from. That has not been possible so far and that is why we set up a Kickstarter together with a group of enthusiasts, to be able to produce the Tesla Automator.

Personally, I don't like sharing the key to my Tesla account in the cloud. Because if there's a data breach, anyone could get access to my car. That is why I think it is better to have a special physical device that you can place at home and in which the connection with the calendar and the car is managed. Then you have control over it.

In addition to the HVAC, there are also options to start and stop charging. I think there are also good opportunities to link other things to the car via the Automator in the future.

The Tesla Automator on Kickstarter: The Tesla Automator

What do you think of the Tesla Automator? And do you have additions / are you missing functions?

18718ffa506ac25ff214ccad11802e7e_original.gif 049072ded5510021a83191d129e82de6_original.png 8efab85ee9977c7d72a099176e3bc256_original.gif
10520ab2eb6e18c6dd996aa6f6ef8f7b_original.png

8efab85ee9977c7d72a099176e3bc256_original.gif

I also have posted this in Dutch at: Bedien je Tesla met Google calendar

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I'm always open to new ways and ideas I'll be following this thread. I have been doing the same with teslafi for a while now. When my wife left work prior to working from home, I would schedule the buss to wake, turn on hvac and set temp. I don't use it much any more.

command.png