Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Controlling Apple Music with Voice Commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. I also use Spotify and until I disabled Spotify as a possible source, it would automatically start playing songs in Spotify instead of even attempting to use Apple Music. After disabling Spotify, it now opens Apple Music and searches for the track but it doesn't play without tapping the track. Hopefully they will improve this as it's significantly worse than Spotify integration.

This is interesting.

I’ve got Spotify Tesla Account and also Apple Music.

I’ve always been able to use voice commands to play music but then just today I asked “play music by Metallica” and all it did was show me results. Tried over and over but kept doing same thing.

This is interesting.

I’ve got Spotify Tesla Account and also Apple Music.

I’ve always been able to use voice commands to play music but then just today I asked “play music by Metallica” and all it did was show me results. Tried over and over but kept doing same thing.
My experience is that if you name a specific song it will play it right away, but if it’s a group name it wants to give you choices.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
I’ve got same issue, would love to know if there’s a way to get Apple Music to auto play on voice commands and resume when getting back in the car. Definitely lost some of the magic from when this worked previously with Spotify.

Hi all, I figured it out for Apple Music.

Simply say the name of the song followed by “on Apple Music”. For example, “Play Country Cousins on Apple Music”.

For some reason saying an artists name after the song title will make it search instead of auto playing the song.

Also, I recommend disabling all services that you don’t use by dragging the music menu up, selecting the icon that looks like 3 vertical lines with dots on them, then selecting sources at the bottom of the pop up menu. Hope this helps, I got it working using this method.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: Mrdrbot23