Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Controlling Navigation Voice w/ Voice Commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I often use navigation when I either just want to know when I'll arrive, need directions for only part of the trip (usually right near the destination or in departing from a location and getting back to known routes), or just want to be able to track energy use with the energy app and account for supercharging stops. In these cases, I don't want the voice commands for most or all of the trip but may want to turn it back on at some point or vise versa. Doing this from the center screen is a multi touch process that isn't the easiest or safest when driving so I usually use voice commands.

Recently, I've been finding it very difficult to get voice command to work. In the past, "mute navigation voice" and "un-mute navigation voice" would usually work. Now it responds either with "command not understood/available" or it increases the navigation volume. I've tried "turn navigation voice on/off" and that almost always just increases the volume or occasionally turns navigation off completely.

Has anyone else seen similar changes in the success of these commands? Any other voice command syntax suggestions that anyone has found are still working reliably?

Jeff
2013 MS85 w/ MCU2 upgrade