Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Controlling Passenger Seat from Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can this be done? I looked everywhere and couldnt find it...would be nice if one could move the passenger front seat forward and backward from the screen. when i take the kids to school, the front passenger seat is always so far back and hard for my kids to get out of the door with all their stuff...i have to stretch to bring seat forward and its difficult to extend myself that far.

thanks!

I've thought about this before, and it would be nice to have memory seats for the passenger. On the website, under specs, it says there is a "Driver Seat Position Sensor", but nothing mentioned for the passenger seat. This makes me think it's capable on the driver seat, but I have a feeling it is possible on the passenger seat.

Can't, we had this suggestion in our 7.1 voting poll. Without putting too fine a point on it, in our verification phase where we filtered out suggestions that required additional hardware to implement, we found via a reputable source that there are no data connections between the passenger seat and center screen. This controls on the side just go to the seat and no where else.

I've thought about this before, and it would be nice to have memory seats for the passenger. On the website, under specs, it says there is a "Driver Seat Position Sensor", but nothing mentioned for the passenger seat. This makes me think it's capable on the driver seat, but I have a feeling it is possible on the passenger seat.

From thread's such as wk057's next-gen retrofit thread and others, the driver's side seat contains an extra module that is likely connected to the memory system. The passenger seat thus, cannot support memory positions. I would suspect that without that support, the MCU has no way to direct the controls of the passenger seat -- they may be isolated from the rest of the car without the memory module acting as an intermediary/gateway.