Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convenience trades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am planning to purchase a model y this summer. Just wondering if anyone has done a convenience trade through tesla or knows if they will do it. I did trade in calculator online and tesla offered me basically nothing for my car. I should be able to sell for $6k to $8k and hoping i could do it through tesla to save a few $$ on taxes. I live in NS canada. Hopefully will have a tesla store here soon

Keep in mind: Tesla is not in the business to buy/sell/trade cars. Don't wait for any change with that.
You will always do better selling privately, or through the Canadian equivalent of Carmax, Carvana.

Keep in mind: Tesla is not in the business to buy/sell/trade cars. Don't wait for any change with that.
You will always do better selling privately, or through the Canadian equivalent of Carmax, Carvana.
Most normal dealerships around here will let a person arrange the sale of their car. Then go to the dealership with the buyer to do the sale through the dealer. This allows the purchase price of your old car to go towards the trade in of the new car. So if i arranged to sell my car for $8k it wauld save me approx $1200 on purchase of a new car (15% tax here). Its not a big deal, just curious if tesla would do this. Every dollar counts lol

And i have seen reference to other people doing this through tesla with different details on a different forum. Someone said tesla would chardge a $500 fee to do the paperwork etc. I will ask my tesla sales rep when i get closer to purchase time. Just thought someone here might have useful info. Ill wait and see

Good Morning! I live in Texas and was unable to trade in my Audi (because Tesla does not operate as a dealership here in Austin, Texas.) They told me they we aware of the limitations and apologized. . Was sad and a bit frustrating, especially since I took delivery of my Model Y several weeks ahead of plan :-/ Good luck with your sale & purchase!!!

Good Morning! I live in Texas and was unable to trade in my Audi (because Tesla does not operate as a dealership here in Austin, Texas.) They told me they we aware of the limitations and apologized. . Was sad and a bit frustrating, especially since I took delivery of my Model Y several weeks ahead of plan :-/ Good luck with your sale & purchase!!!
THANKS! Thats too bad. Its not a big deal to me. I can just do private sale. but if i could save some money on taxes by doing a convenience trade i could but some all weather floor mats or something with it haha. Hope you're loving your model y!

Hi,
I am planning to purchase a model y this summer. Just wondering if anyone has done a convenience trade through tesla or knows if they will do it. I did trade in calculator online and tesla offered me basically nothing for my car. I should be able to sell for $6k to $8k and hoping i could do it through tesla to save a few $$ on taxes. I live in NS canada. Hopefully will have a tesla store here soon
I am in the situation you noted above. How did it work out for you?