Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convenient cockpit cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rain aside, I think the Tesla convertible experience might be slightly different, due to the quiet drive train.
The Tesla Roadster isn't even quiet with the top on! Once you get above city speeds and reach freeway speeds, wind noise is significant. Silly as it sounds, I used to turn off the engine and coast in my S-2000 while waiting for the Tesla to arrive, just to get an idea of how "quiet" things could be. Trust me, my other convertibles are not that noisy, and the Tesla is not that quiet.

The shower cap is small enough to tuck behind the seats, and so you do not have to get into the trunk to throw it on. I find it much faster than the soft top. The other nice feature is that it covers the windshield and is opaque, it must provide better shielding from UV than the soft top. The sides come down just over the top of the windows to prevent rain from entering the vehicle...

I think it will be a nice combination wiht the mesh top - save a trip to the trunk and hide the inside from curious passers-by.

I have looked under the carbon fiber roll bar. I mak emagnets so I though I would put magnets on the back and let them attract to something steel under the rool bar but I dod not find anything ferromagnetic underneath. I am a bit loathe to stick anything on my new Sport, so forget the velcro strips... the clips seem to work fine and are fast.

I can report that the shower cap indeed works great with the mesh top. I'm still trying to figure out a modification for the trailing edge that I like - I worry that binder clips will grip too much. Not sure how much I care, though, until I need to park outside somewhere. I'll probably also glue some felt to the mirror straps.

I'm probably going to take off the extra fabric tabs with the velcro on it at some point too - right now they're a nice bit of extra weight to keep the cap on.