Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convert MYLR order to MYP - Not possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MYLR in Dec 2021.
After many delays and time spent sitting on my hands I want to change to the MYP.

I read posts that Tesla is allowing people to change their order to other trim/options with original pricing @ time of order. (vs reordering at today’s pricing).

I’m coming from MYSR and I’m leaning towards MYP now. Speaking to Tesla on the phone they first said this is now allowed in Canada, but then changed their tune and said I need to reorder at new pricing and go to the back of the line.

Is post-order upgrade something that Tesla allows in the US? What about Canada?
Does it typically move your delivery date sooner?

It would be a nice gesture after holding onto my non-refundable deposit for so long without committing to any kind of timeline.

Solution
Congrats to you all who were able to switch. I’m assuming you are all in the US?
Unfortunately Canada seems to be left out from this option for unknown reasons. Maybe some Tesla insider here can get something going.

Would’ve jumped on this since I’m paying $2,600 for the induction wheels anyway. Removing that - the jump to Performance is not that significant.. at the old pricing.
You can now do it in Canada without being subject to the current prices.

To do it yourself use this link with your own RN # at the end: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#########

You may need to enter that URL a couple times, sometimes it first just takes you to your account Dashboard (after login) but usually then if you just enter the...
I have a November order that was scheduled Aug30-Oct11. Today I just changed mine from MYLR to MYP. MYLR order was white white 7 seat tow. New order is white white tow as MYP doesn't have 7 seat option. It still has the old pricing, so I save $8k vs current prices.

My new delivery estimate is..... Aug30-Oct11.

I also see that a new order for MYP white white tow is Aug-Oct, so I'm not sure if my order window just stayed the same or I was sent to the back of the line; both times are the same.

Upvote 0
I have a November order that was scheduled Aug30-Oct11. Today I just changed mine from MYLR to MYP. MYLR order was white white 7 seat tow. New order is white white tow as MYP doesn't have 7 seat option. It still has the old pricing, so I save $8k vs current prices.

My new delivery estimate is..... Aug30-Oct11.

I also see that a new order for MYP white white tow is Aug-Oct, so I'm not sure if my order window just stayed the same or I was sent to the back of the line; both times are the same.
Give it a week and you will see the EDD dramatically change.

Reactions: MacO512
Upvote 0
Congrats to you all who were able to switch. I’m assuming you are all in the US?
Unfortunately Canada seems to be left out from this option for unknown reasons. Maybe some Tesla insider here can get something going.

Would’ve jumped on this since I’m paying $2,600 for the induction wheels anyway. Removing that - the jump to Performance is not that significant.. at the old pricing.

Upvote 0

To do it yourself use this link with your own RN # at the end: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#########

You may need to enter that URL a couple times, sometimes it first just takes you to your account Dashboard (after login) but usually then if you just enter the URL again it will go to the Edit page. One time I had to click into my order from the dashboard and then enter the URL again and then it worked. Many have used this method to edit on their own. But you can also call, text, chat with Tesla and have them make the change. However a lot of SAs seem clueless and think if you switch MYLR to MYP it counts as a new order and new pricing and back of the line. That just doesn't seem to be the case from all accounts on this forum and there are a lot of MYLR to MYP switchers.

Reactions: PearlShark
Upvote 1
Solution

You may need to enter that URL a couple times, sometimes it first just takes you to your account Dashboard (after login) but usually then if you just enter the URL again it will go to the Edit page. One time I had to click into my order from the dashboard and then enter the URL again and then it worked. Many have used this method to edit on their own. But you can also call, text, chat with Tesla and have them make the change. However a lot of SAs seem clueless and think if you switch MYLR to MYP it counts as a new order and new pricing and back of the line. That just doesn't seem to be the case from all accounts on this forum and there are a lot of MYLR to MYP switchers.
Thank you so much for this!
I am not having success getting to a page that allows me to edit design.

Goes to the usual screen showing all my vehicles and reservations, and selecting this reservation does not offer any option to edit design.
Tried using your link and manually typing it in while logged in with that browser session.
I recall doing something like this in 2018 with my Model 3 order.

Upvote 0

Goes to the usual screen showing all my vehicles and reservations, and selecting this reservation does not offer any option to edit design.
Tried using your link and manually typing it in while logged in with that browser session.

When you complete a lot of the tasks I believe the edit design button goes away. Call Tesla and tell them you want to change it, they can open it up so you can go online and change it.

Upvote 0

Hmmm. Still works for me. You are adding your own RN# to the end, right?
If you click into manage your order from the dashboard and then type in the URL again it seems to work for me.
Not sure what the difference is??

Upvote 0
I ordered MYLR in Dec 2021.
After many delays and time spent sitting on my hands I want to change to the MYP.

I read posts that Tesla is allowing people to change their order to other trim/options with original pricing @ time of order. (vs reordering at today’s pricing).

I’m coming from MYSR and I’m leaning towards MYP now. Speaking to Tesla on the phone they first said this is now allowed in Canada, but then changed their tune and said I need to reorder at new pricing and go to the back of the line.

Is post-order upgrade something that Tesla allows in the US? What about Canada?
Does it typically move your delivery date sooner?

It would be a nice gesture after holding onto my non-refundable deposit for so long without committing to any kind of timeline.
I made the switch to MYP last week and received notification for delivery the same day. Old pricing. I’m in Canada.

I assume SA don’t want to overpromise and end up having an upset customer if they are now subject to paying $92k for MYP.

Upvote 0
My OOD for a MY LR with Tow was Jan 12/21. The MY P price at the time was 83,990. I switched in June to MY P and was able to get lookback pricing. Not all tesla reps are aware this is possible, so please follow up if you get an initial denial from a rep who does not know.

The first answer is no solution at all, and it should be removed so as to not confuse people

Upvote 0
When you complete a lot of the tasks I believe the edit design button goes away. Call Tesla and tell them you want to change it, they can open it up so you can go online and change it.
Anecdotally, I do have all the steps completed as the SA encouraged me to opt for cash purchase. But I didn’t have the edit button even before I did that.
Looks like I need to call in again.

Side note: frustrating how they did a hard credit check and gave me an interest rate only to take it away after they pushed out delivery so far that the loan offer expired.

Upvote 0
Just closing this loop for anyone else who goes through this.

1) you can absolutely switch
2) you keep the original pricing scheme
3) nobody really understand how Tesla decides who to deliver cars to first, but switching to MYP moved my delivery window to 3 weeks away (much sooner than MYLR)
4) if you can’t edit order on the website just call a Tesla store. Some are more helpful and aware than others. No consistency. But one of the main locations has set up their phone system so that you only get scripted messages and CANNOT reach a person no matter what numbers you hit. It will literally hang up on you.

My original MYLR order from Nov kept getting pushed out with zero communication from Tesla. This is my third Tesla and I still don’t understand how they prioritize orders. I had to essentially pay more money to get my order sooner. You can also order a MYLR today and get the same delivery window I had for my Nov order. Meaning people ordering 7 months apart were being given the same time frame of delivery.

Reactions: OH_WATT
Upvote 0