Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Converted Audi A2 goes 605 km (378mi) without charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone knows German ?

Wirtschaft: Auf dem Weg zum Elektroauto | FTD.de

2zhnnkz.jpg

I was looking for evidence that the yellow/purple car had its back seats. This was the best I found:

Mirko-Hannemann-Rainer-Br%C3%BCderle-DBM-Energy-lekker-mobil-300x200.jpg

Audi_A2_DBM_ghost.jpg

Even if this is only the 60kWh pack in the ghost outline, that's still a very impressive step forward in volumetric density. If it's 98kWh then it's pretty amazing.

It's not just volumetric, but also a small weight miracle. I've read somewhere that the car tested by DEKRA ony weighed 1350kg, which is only 200 kg heavier than the original ICE Audi.

I am sure I also read that the original car (Lekker Mobil) was a fully functioning 4 seat car with heat/AC/ electric windows working.

Looking at the video you can see the car accelerating at the end. The energy consumption meter (reallly, there has got to be a better name for that) goes all the way in the red zone, but the car doesn't seem to accelerate that quickly.

Maybe they are talking about materials cost but I'm not sure you could buy the raw materials of the necessary purity for a 600-700lb pack for the quoted prices. Even if they misplaced a decimal place it would still be a price breakthrough so something doesn't add up.