Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convertible Car Seat Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our son is growing out of his infant car seat and will need a convertible car seat soon. Just looking for recommendations that people have used in their Y. The 3 that caught my attention were the Clek Foonf, Diono Radian 3QXT, and the Cybex Sirona S. I'm looking for a good balance of safety and size. Anyone have experience with any of these?

Reactions: MYMY21
Clek Foonf was excellent choice for us. Not overly wide and chunky. Yet, there is plenty of space on the side for your child to lean their head against to allow for a comfortable nap (God Bless).

It is very heavy, but very stable. Just consider getting a protectant mat to place under in order to protect the seats from the metal on the bottom. I actually used a thick place mat I happen to find in the clearance section at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Last edited:
Clek Foonf was excellent choice for us. Not overly wide and chunky. Yet, there is plenty of space on the side for your child to lean their head against to allow for a comfortable nap (God Bless).

It’s very heavy, but very stable. Just consider getting a protectant mat to place under in order to protect the seats from the metal on the bottom. I actually used a thick place mat I happen to find in the clearance section at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Is it rear facing and if so enough room up front?

We don't have any of the seats you selected, but we have used the Graco 4ever seats in all of our cars. We have two side by side. My youngest just got big enough to make them both front facing, but they fit equally well rear facing. There's a bit less front passenger leg room with the rear facing configuration, but still plenty. He's some pictures of our current setup:
BothBackSeats.jpg
DriverBackSeat.jpg
PassBackSeat.jpg

For reference I'm 6'0" and have plenty of leg room with my girls in the back.