Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convertible Car Seat Recommendations

dmk712

Aug 11, 2019
VA
Our son is growing out of his infant car seat and will need a convertible car seat soon. Just looking for recommendations that people have used in their Y. The 3 that caught my attention were the Clek Foonf, Diono Radian 3QXT, and the Cybex Sirona S. I'm looking for a good balance of safety and size. Anyone have experience with any of these?

Reactions: MYMY21

kwellmey

Sep 21, 2016
Houston
Clek Foonf was excellent choice for us. Not overly wide and chunky. Yet, there is plenty of space on the side for your child to lean their head against to allow for a comfortable nap (God Bless).

It is very heavy, but very stable. Just consider getting a protectant mat to place under in order to protect the seats from the metal on the bottom. I actually used a thick place mat I happen to find in the clearance section at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Last edited:

dmk712

Aug 11, 2019
VA
Clek Foonf was excellent choice for us. Not overly wide and chunky. Yet, there is plenty of space on the side for your child to lean their head against to allow for a comfortable nap (God Bless).

It’s very heavy, but very stable. Just consider getting a protectant mat to place under in order to protect the seats from the metal on the bottom. I actually used a thick place mat I happen to find in the clearance section at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Is it rear facing and if so enough room up front?

kwellmey

Sep 21, 2016
Houston
Yes, it is also rear facing. Room will be mostly dependent on your height. But we found the Clek to be the most simplistic, clean design. It’s simply the Apple MacBook of car seats.

Srad600Volt

Sep 28, 2020
Southern California
We don't have any of the seats you selected, but we have used the Graco 4ever seats in all of our cars. We have two side by side. My youngest just got big enough to make them both front facing, but they fit equally well rear facing. There's a bit less front passenger leg room with the rear facing configuration, but still plenty. He's some pictures of our current setup:
BothBackSeats.jpg
DriverBackSeat.jpg
PassBackSeat.jpg

For reference I'm 6'0" and have plenty of leg room with my girls in the back.

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
These are light, safe, adjustable, affordable and compact. 5 out of 5 stars and 10k reviews. They convert from a five point harness to a booster once it’s safe for the kiddo.

B731A254-3C1B-4E83-AA0B-268898010777.jpeg
AD9A9825-379B-47BD-9506-DFAA63A3FBC5.jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC