Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Converting Side Markers to LED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get to the side marker bulbs through the wheel well. Pull the covering back and you can see the bulb can be removed twist socket as I think. the bulb is a WY10W if I remember correctly. since this is a blinker bulb you may need to add a resistor or the bulb might not blink.

You get to the side marker bulbs through the wheel well. Pull the covering back and you can see the bulb can be removed twist socket as I think. the bulb is a WY10W if I remember correctly. since this is a blinker bulb you may need to add a resistor or the bulb might not blink.
I didn't see any easy way to "pull back" the wheel well cover. I guess if it were easy, then the cover would just fall out on its own.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see any easy way to "pull back" the wheel well cover. I guess if it were easy, then the cover would just fall out on its own.
I did call the service center and they informed me that the last few times they had to replace the side markers they removed the wheel and wheel well cover. There are several clips that need to be removed, but the bulb is accessible without the clip removal as @SUPRKAR mentioned above. About 30 minutes of labor is involved, but they were very accommodating and said if I were in the area to bring the car in and they would look at it (I don't know if that means for free).

- - - Updated - - -

We get a lot of road salt in our area and I have just noticed that my side markers (the chrome section) is getting rusty. Anyone else seeing this?
I haven't seen this, but have noticed on a loaner with only 2K miles the chrome section was bent back at the back end. Probably due to someone's cleaning cloth getting caught. I guess for you, it's a great opportunity for them to replace the side markers and have them switch the bulbs to LEDs at the same time.