Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convincing a skeptic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
36gal x $2.50 = $90
Fill up once per month.
$90 > 0 so I guess you have me there.

If gas were, let's say, $4.00/gallon, would you have still bought this vehicle? That would be $144 to fill it. I'm curious because it seems when gas is cheap, people run-out and buy big SUVs, only to be blindsided when the price of gas goes-up.

At what price per gallon would you have been dissuaded?

If gas were, let's say, $4.00/gallon, would you have still bought this vehicle? That would be $144 to fill it. I'm curious because it seems when gas is cheap, people run-out and buy big SUVs, only to be blindsided when the price of gas goes-up.

At what price per gallon would you have been dissuaded?
I purchased my previous truck when gas prices were over $4. They couldn't move vehicles and the rebates/employee pricing at the time were too good to pass up. Vehicle sales have been slowing and the rebates are increasing. I had about 10,000 off sticker. If i have to
pay an extra $500 for gas next year, I'm not going to sweat it.

The utility of a truck more than pays for the gas it uses. This spring Ive hauled several tons of mulch for our landscaping project at a cost of around $500. Landscapers quoted me $4,000+.
So I don't flinch at gas prices.

Now if someone wanted to build a nice durable 4x4 truck that goes 500 miles on a full charge and is reasonably priced... I'll check it out.

You make some good points. I bought my 2008 Yukon XL when gas was over $4 and thought maybe I had lost my mind. Since then gas has only gone down. I am looking for a cheap pick-up now for utility only. Clearing brush and trailoring a boat twice a year. But I am loving my Tesla and passing gas stations all across America :)

You make some good points. I bought my 2008 Yukon XL when gas was over $4 and thought maybe I had lost my mind. Since then gas has only gone down. I am looking for a cheap pick-up now for utility only. Clearing brush and trailoring a boat twice a year. But I am loving my Tesla and passing gas stations all across America :)
Get a Ford with a 36 gallon tank and you can pass gas stations by 353 of the 365 days in a year.