Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cookeville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If only Tesla would move west on I-40 now to finally complete the route coast to coast.
See your point. Radius is 125 miles for the circles below.
GLyxiuv.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
thanks for update. will hit it soon. i still vote great on this addition!

finally got to try it out on a trip to a very rural area of tennessee. worked great. it is in a grocery store parking lot and it has restrooms. a taco bell and sonic are nearby as well. looked like there was a pizza/grinder shop as well. got lots of attention and had one nice fellow drop by to ask questions.

Charged @ Cookeville 7/29 with my Model S 100D... Disappointed at the relatively slow charging speed. (Although, I've been to a couple or three that were even much slower.)... Started at near full rate, but quickly dropped to 70 KW, then less. Moved to a different slot with no better results. That day I charged at 4 SCs along I-40 in NC and TN, all from a fairly low battery level (Greensboro; Hickory; Knoxville; Cookville). Hickory was by far the fastest (about the fastest I've yet used), followed by Greensboro, then Knoxville, with Cookeville dead last (although Knoxville is the worst for traffic). Finally gave up and left Cookeville with lower than planned charge level. Learning, with some regret, that not all Superchargers "are created equal"... But, hey, the 'price' is definitely right.